Illegal Pitch?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 25, 2019
At DD's game, the pitcher received the ball from the catcher with her glove, she holds the glove (with ball in it) up to her chest and her pitching arm hanging down. She on mound like this, takes the sign, and begins her pitching. Is this illegal? I thought both as should hang down when taking sign

Sep 18, 2016
We had a blue once that kept calling IP on girls unless they put ball in hand and showed it to the batter with both hands at side. Eventually our pitcher was getting on the rubber and doing an impression of being hung on a cross, but he finally stopped. Some people only know enough about the rules to be a giant PITA.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

Nov 26, 2010
Michigan
We had a blue once that kept calling IP on girls unless they put ball in hand and showed it to the batter with both hands at side. Eventually our pitcher was getting on the rubber and doing an impression of being hung on a cross, but he finally stopped. Some people only know enough about the rules to be a giant PITA.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk
The old present the ball myth.

Nov 9, 2019
At DD's game, the pitcher received the ball from the catcher with her glove, she holds the glove (with ball in it) up to her chest and her pitching arm hanging down. She on mound like this, takes the sign, and begins her pitching. Is this illegal? I thought both as should hang down when taking sign
A little late throwing in my two cents but my understanding is as long as ball and glove are separated they can be anywhere as long as they come together before start of the pitch. From what you stated it would be an illegal pitch because you have to take signal or appear to take signal from catcher from behind the rubber.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
re.todd22