If you build it they will come

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 29, 2009
The reason they didn't come was you forgot the special daddy seats behind the fence at home plate so the dads can call pitches from there. :);):p

Feb 20, 2019
That's a really nice looking complex! Makes me sad to know it's not getting used while it's still showroom-floor new.

Jan 27, 2010
NJ
The reason they didn't come was you forgot the special daddy seats behind the fence at home plate so the dads can call pitches from there. :);):p
I have only seen one dad do that at the upper end of the sport. Now his DD plays for a large D1 state school. I often wondered if the coach lets him any where near her field of view.

Beautiful complex. Run the tourneys right and you should get plenty of teams show up.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
We are a small town that has everything from rec, HS, to travel ball. The town is Chehalis WA. We always have had competive teams feeding the HS teams. Our HS teams have been extremely good for over 20 years. My nieces class had 9 seniors who all played competitively growing up. Her teams made it to the State championship game 3 years in a roll. All those skilled players helped my niece set the school record for era at 0.06 her senior year. Since her class there as been numerous teams that made it to state and won state. If the HS doesn’t make State that is considered a down year.

It’s that kind of success that as created the programs and communities support for our sport. The fields are for fastpitch only and the city’s parks department does all the field maintenance.

BTW only the infields are turf. The outfields are grass, it’s just so pretty that it looks like turf. The fields all have state of the art drainage system’s.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
Our town Chehalis is on the I-5 corridor right inbetween Seattle and Portland Oregon. It’s exactly at the half way point for everyone to come and play softball.

Sep 21, 2017
PA
I've been in "conversations" with my school board for a couple years about renovations of my fields. You want to come out East and present to my board for me? lol

Really nice facilities. Enjoy them when you get the chance!

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
If you look at the first pic of the field, that is the field varsity plays on. Those banners on the outfield fence tell if they won league or made it to districts. How they did at State. There are lots of banners on that fence.

Last edited:
Aug 19, 2015
Atlanta, GA
Beautiful, but turf has its downsides too. Especially for early morning games with dew/moisture on the ground. Pitchers slip and fall. That happened to us in FL in Feb. Our ace pitcher has a HUGE stride and with those turf shoes on, she wound up on her back knee at least 5-6 times and had to be pulled from the game. She had huge bruises the next day. It's also kind of funny to watch all the girls with their pre-batting ritual. If they usually make the sign of the cross in the dirt with the bat, that doesn't work with turf! And my DD, the catcher, always rubs her throwing hand in the dirt right before the pitch and that doesn't work either! But nonetheless, that is a beautiful facility!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
winters3478