If High School ball is cancelled. Then those girls can now play Travel?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 29, 2016
To my knowledge it hasn't been cancelled yet, but it is probably coming. Those girls are now allowed to play travel??? CIF. California.

May 16, 2016
Around here (Georgia), School is cancelled for at least 2 weeks(We play fall softball)... Travel ball tournaments are cancelled, Rec leagues are cancelled....

Jan 29, 2016
Around here (Georgia), School is cancelled for at least 2 weeks(We play fall softball)... Travel ball tournaments are cancelled, Rec leagues are cancelled....
Didn't really answer the question. I am wondering if they are eligible to play travel now if their high school season was to get cancelled.

Jan 22, 2011
My DD's club has canceled their Sunday practice for the rest of March. Her school just suspended practices and games until April 20th. I think with what is going on in Italy the prudent thing to do is practice 'social distancing' for the next 7 to 10 days and see what happens.

May 16, 2016
Didn't really answer the question. I am wondering if they are eligible to play travel now if their high school season was to get cancelled.

Yeah, sorry, being from Georgia, I have no Idea. I guess my point was, will there be any Travel Ball to play? I guess if High School season is "Canceled" you are free to play Travel Ball, as the school season is over. If the High School season is only "Postponed or suspended", then you may not be able to play travel ball.

May 29, 2015
maybe you should ask your state athletic association instead of a bunch of people from all across America if you're going to be so picky about the answers you receive.

This. There are at least 50 different answers.

But more importantly, why are you asking this? What part of PANDEMIC do you not understand? Do you think schools are just wanting a longer spring break? There is a reason this is being done. It is this mentality that will eventually lead to a complete and total quarantine. Don’t forget to touch all the microphones on your way out of the room.

Sorry, I may be a little grumpy today.

inumpire

Observer, but has an opinion
Oct 31, 2014
In Indiana, spring sports are just suspended for the time being. Since they are suspended, they are considered in a dead period. Stay home and get some much needed R&R.........this will pass and we will start playing again in 2-3 weeks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sstop28