Ideal height for pitchers?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 1, 2014
USA
Not gonna comment on her mechanics other than I agree with ArmWhip and the post release motion and movement )of her arm and body not the ball) are kinda funny when viewed together with the captions on the screen.

What I was immediately struck by even though it's not the subject of this thread is the style of the video itself. Seems like we were always told to not use music (and to keep the length much shorter (2 - 3 minutes) which could be more difficult when your DD played multiple positions and had a good bat. The video above is over 8 minutes. Obviously it didn't hurt her recruiting! Good for her!!

Oct 14, 2019
I looked at Trilicek's mechanics earlier this year, not ideal by any measure. She hasn't had a lot of success so far. Here is a link to her recruiting video, the pitching starts at about 2:45.

probably has to overcompensate because of size

Oct 14, 2019
Not gonna comment on her mechanics other than I agree with ArmWhip and the post release motion and movement )of her arm and body not the ball) are kinda funny when viewed together with the captions on the screen.

What I was immediately struck by even though it's not the subject of this thread is the style of the video itself. Seems like we were always told to not use music (and to keep the length much shorter (2 - 3 minutes) which could be more difficult when your DD played multiple positions and had a good bat. The video above is over 8 minutes. Obviously it didn't hurt her recruiting! Good for her!!
Texas Gatorade Player of the Year

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
DD never played against her but when I saw her pitching at the Boulder IDT her junior year, I was like WOW! She was throwing some serious gas. I believe she played her last summer with Batbusters Stith.ds Assuming Walton had something to do with that. She looks like she was in 14u at the time of the video. She is must stronger and well built now.

Jul 19, 2021
She hasn't had a lot of success so far.
Geez. Tough crowd.

Gatorade player of the year in high school.
Signed by a national powerhouse, Florida.
2020 SEC Pitcher of the Week (3/10)
2020 SoftballAmerica.com Freshman Pitcher of the Year
1.99 ERA in 2020
1.85 ERA in 2021

All that = Not a lot of success? Wow, I would be ecstatic if my DD could accomplish even half of that. What does it take to be recognized as having a lot of success around here?

Last edited:
Dec 2, 2013
Texas
Al that = Not a lot of success? Wow, I would be ecstatic if my DD could accomplish even half of that. What does it take to be recognized as having a lot of success around here?
Check your facebook feed every Sunday night. 12U plastic trophies, 15 In the park HR's at 8U, Run ruling a JV team, Hitting .754 on a middle school team. You know all the high level successful stuff.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robertsonwhitney45