I saw one of the best pitched games I've seen in a decade

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 28, 2014
We faced a team from Covina on Saturday, I won't get into details as it's not my place but their pitcher was just fantastic. She reminded me of a UCLA pitcher that I follow. This young lady not only threw a perfect game against our team at the 18u gold level but she only had a batter to 3 balls once in 21 outs. She wasn't overpowering, in fact I dont think she hit much over 60 but she spotted pitches like a sniper. Had a very good rise and change and changed speeds well. Just a joy to watch this young lady work. Probably the best pitcher we faced all fall and we've played some great teams.
Lesson learned that speed is important but the ability to hit a target through a Telescope is even more important. We lost the game 1-0.. just fantastic softball.

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
We faced a team from Covina on Saturday, I won't get into details as it's not my place but their pitcher was just fantastic. She reminded me of a UCLA pitcher that I follow. This young lady not only threw a perfect game against our team at the 18u gold level but she only had a batter to 3 balls once in 21 outs. She wasn't overpowering, in fact I dont think she hit much over 60 but she spotted pitches like a sniper. Had a very good rise and change and changed speeds well. Just a joy to watch this young lady work. Probably the best pitcher we faced all fall and we've played some great teams.
Lesson learned that speed is important but the ability to hit a target through a Telescope is even more important. We lost the game 1-0.. just fantastic softball.
Any feedback on how many change ups mixed in?
Every batter got one or?

Apr 28, 2014
Mix was great. About half of the batters saw a first pitch change.. she used rise one 1 strike counts.. and had a ton of first pitch strikes. We popped up 11 times.. insane.. worked up in the zone

Jul 22, 2015
Mix was great. About half of the batters saw a first pitch change.. she used rise one 1 strike counts.. and had a ton of first pitch strikes. We popped up 11 times.. insane.. worked up in the zone
I call pitches for our team and we had a pitcher last year who tops out about 58 on a good day but has the best change I've seen and it spins just like her 2nd best pitch, which is her drop-curve. When she was at her best it was just so much fun to call pitches. When you can spot that change on a first or second pitch it plants the seed and hitters never get comfortable. About the time they finally decided to sit on the change, her rise was good enough to throw it by most hitters or pop them up.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sstop28