I remember respecting Jessica Mendoza

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 29, 2015
Yeah you're totally off base with the email accusation. ST. LOUIS HACKED INTO HOUSTON'S Computer system. Not sure how you blame Houston for that one. They were the victim. St. Louis was penalized by MLB. Lost their first two draft picks and were fined $2 million. The guilty person was banned for life from Baseball.

And I don't get your reference to AJ Hinch's behavior. He only has 11 ejections in 5 years. The yearly leaders for those years were 8, 5, 5, 6, 5. He only averaged 2.2 a year. As you can see, WELL below the yearly leaders in ejections. Less than half of the yearly leaders to be exact.

Seems like you're just trying to make them out to be the bad guys.

Mea culpa — I had the details wrong in my meager memory. I thought the hacker came from Houston to St. Louis and used an old password that still worked. It was actually passwords of execs going to Houston from St. Louis. The St. Louis employee apparently scavenged them from the execs’ old St. Louis laptops. He later then hacked other accounts. I looked it up and I had it wrong. (Of note, but make your own judgment — the guilty guy does claim Houston hacked into St. Louis servers as well.)

As for Hinch ... I have nothing nice to say there. No correction on my part, and just my opinion.

Last edited:
Aug 1, 2019
MN
The gamesmanship should be played by the players and coaches on the field only, with their own natural powers of observation. Visually stealing signs, overhearing strategy, reading body language and reacting accordingly are gamesmanship.
Enlisting outside help (binocular guy), electronic devices, sign decoding apps are cheating.
I liken using video for stealing signs to planting a bug in the other team's dugout hoping to hear what pitch they may call next.
Just my two cents, and even that may be overpriced.

Feb 8, 2019
I keep thinking of NFL where a guy in a booth is watching hi-def instant replays to tell the coach when to contest a call. I know its not the same , but it's not that different.

May 6, 2015
I keep thinking of NFL where a guy in a booth is watching hi-def instant replays to tell the coach when to contest a call. I know its not the same , but it's not that different.

I think it is very different. both teams have access to the same feeds, and they are not using the equipment to try and decode what the other is doing, only what actually already occurred.

Feb 8, 2019
I think it is very different. both teams have access to the same feeds, and they are not using the equipment to try and decode what the other is doing, only what actually already occurred.
Yeah, i have since found out that i didnt realize the extent to which the cheating was taken. So i take it back😝

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sstop28