I painted the softballs pink

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 4, 2011
Colorado
I painted the softballs black and then we'll write on them in gold. The black came out really well. It looks like your blue and red came out well, too! When the girls finish writing on them I'll spray them with a sealer. Since my DD is a freshman I'm pretty much in charge of senior gifts for the next four years. I predict some pretty crazy softballs for our future graduating classes - two tone ball with two tone writing..... I'm going to have to keep one-upping it since the girls all know what I'm up to...

Last edited:
May 7, 2008
Tucson
I just found out that florescent paint doesn't work on the balls. I tried it on my pitching rubber and it is fine. This will keep me from leaving my pitcher's plate at the field, I hope. Now, on to my buckets!

Jan 25, 2011
I just found out that florescent paint doesn't work on the balls. I tried it on my pitching rubber and it is fine. This will keep me from leaving my pitcher's plate at the field, I hope. Now, on to my buckets!
keep painting stuff,I'm buying some stock in dutch boy;) I like your ideas with the painting of the balls.

Aug 7, 2012
This is a great idea for keeping track of balls. I wonder if some sort of dye (not paint) would also work for balls?

May 7, 2008
Tucson
Spray painting them is pretty cheap. 1 can (of quality paint) will do 3 dozen balls, easily. By this weekend, after I complete all of my lessons on Sunday, I will know how well the balls hold up. I will probably have a nightmare that the pink paint comes off on the gloves.

Apr 17, 2019
Bumping another super old thread, I'm wondering if Amy is still around or someone else who has painted their balls (snicker). Does it change the texture of the seams (which would make it a bad idea for pitching)?
Is their a type of paint that works well (not florescent)? A certain technique? Could you maybe dip them ? Looking to make a few 2 tone balls for pitching.

Oct 4, 2018
Interesting. In my years of use of spray paint, I"m guessing it comes off pretty quickly. Not entirely off, but scuffs and scratches and such.

And yes, I too would be a tad concerns about the seams becoming a little slick.

I love the idea of painting a brand new ball team colors as a gift for the girls.

Oct 1, 2014
USA
Bumping another super old thread, I'm wondering if Amy is still around or someone else who has painted their balls (snicker). Does it change the texture of the seams (which would make it a bad idea for pitching)?
Is their a type of paint that works well (not florescent)? A certain technique? Could you maybe dip them ? Looking to make a few 2 tone balls for pitching.
I have dipped a few new softballs in a black dye. Half black/half optic yellow used for pitching and seeing the spin easier. It held up OK, faded some over time (still have them inn the hitting bucket o'balls. As we progressed working spins it became better for us (pitcher, catcher, Dad) to simply darken the seams on the balls she was practicing with. I believe this helped with the ultimate goal of being able to recognize her spin with regular game balls and make appropriate adjustments from seeing those seams/spins.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coach101