I need ideas on nicknames for girls...

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 24, 2009
My daughter is on a 12U team and the coaches are trying to give all of the girls nicknames. What are some great nicknames for girls???

May 7, 2008
Tucson
Well, I think that nicknames, just come (and sometimes the girls have one) but I had players called Slider, Rookie, and Cheesy.

I agree with Amy that nicknames usually suit the girl and have been with her for a while. Nonetheless, here are some we have on our team.
meat (when i say Hillshire, you say Farm, Hillshire Farm - GO MEAT) killer pitcher here...
sumo
thunder
big country
juice
terminator (gave a "stank eye" like you would not believe!)
slim

Coach-n-Dad

Crazy Daddy
Oct 31, 2008
I, too would let the girls "nick"name each other...

That being said, here are some that I have seen:
Crusher
M&M
Skittles
Hollywood
Special K
KIKI
Von Von
Curly
Peanut
Turbo
Ant

These are all nicknames that the girls call each other. Some have been put on jerseys and some have not.

Dec 28, 2008
I once had a THUNDER who matched her name and ironically her sister was THUMPER also matcher her name.

Other's I've seen that were cute not already mentioned were:
Scratch
T-Bug

H

hnoor0044

I think that nicknames, just come (and sometimes the girls have one

Jul 19, 2014
Madison, WI
Sometimes the nicknames can be very team specific.

DD 3 had the same coaches 3 times in a row in rec ball. DD 3's name starts with 'P', and sometimes other players just call her 'P'. At one point, on the second time they were together, the coach's daughter started calling DD 3 "Pumpkin", while DD 3 started calling the coach's DD "Eggplant". That lasted through the third team they were on, and sometimes when they would play each other in rec league or TB after that. The nicknames didn't catch on, though. Nobody else calls her "Pumpkin". She's fine with 'P'.

Her sisters have more colorful nicknames for her, based on her Chinese nickname. Everyone in the family calls her MoiMoi, which, in the TaiSan dialect of Chinese, means "little sister". DW gave her the nickname M2, which her sisters turned into more colorful names. DD 3 insists I call her MoiMoi at home and her given name in public, and gets a bit peeved when I call her by the wrong name in the wrong context.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802