I need ideas on nicknames for girls...

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 20, 2013
Parkersburg, WV
Ferdinand the Bull - Power hitter, 1st Base
A-Train - Fastest feet and hands, very quick.
T-Dog - A real fighter, tough as nails.
Dairy Queen - Loves ice cream - Great pitcher.

Sep 29, 2010
Knoxville, TN
My DD is Big Mac. Her name is Mackenzie and she was a skinny runt until 12 yo.
Worm. She's 16yo, 5'1"
Mego. Let's go Mego, it works.
Trotter. Owns horses and isn't known for her speed. :)
MC. Joined daughters team and coach couldn't handle two girls with same name, lol. Stuck with her for years now.
Chopper. She was fast!
Tiger. Her dad coached baseball at Memphis. Not sure if that's where it came from. She was a 10u beast and moved away.
Machine. She was a hitting beast at 10u.
Then there is Bucko and Toehead, not sure where these came from, but they have stuck.

Aug 26, 2011
Houston, Texas
My DD is Big Mac. Her name is Mackenzie and she was a skinny runt until 12 yo.
Worm. She's 16yo, 5'1"
Mego. Let's go Mego, it works.
Trotter. Owns horses and isn't known for her speed. :)
MC. Joined daughters team and coach couldn't handle two girls with same name, lol. Stuck with her for years now.
Chopper. She was fast!
Tiger. Her dad coached baseball at Memphis. Not sure if that's where it came from. She was a 10u beast and moved away.
Machine. She was a hitting beast at 10u.
Then there is Bucko and Toehead, not sure where these came from, but they have stuck.

I guess I should add that DD has had a couple of nicknames...MAK for her initials (and there was another girl with same name on team so they came up with that)...players and their parents from that team still call her that to this day (this was 7 years ago). And the other name just recently given but don't think it will stick "Megs-n-Bacon" given by the jokester on current team. :rolleyes:

Jul 15, 2015
Right now some of my better ones.

Half pint...8 year old on a team of 10s
Moose.....biggest kid on the team, reminds us of a baby moose
Olive Oyl.....long and skinny
Smiley......kid didn't smile for first 2 months
Thumper...shows rabbits, hits the ball hard

Nov 26, 2010
Michigan
When DD was 12 playing on 14U with a bunch of 9th graders she used to get hit a lot at and behind the plate. One game she was hit 3 times by the same pitcher. While showing her purple badges someone called her Boo boo and it stuck. 5 years later when she runs into parents they still call her Boo boo. I just call her Boo now.

We had a girl that loved to eat dill pickles and soon called her "Pickles".
boo boo. That's a great nickname because it stuck and it was organic and not forced. I gave a girl a nickname at 9. She is graduating fro HS this year and lots of people in town still call her that, even her mother. I smile every time someone calls her A Rod.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Nicknames just come to people, they are meant to be brought on by characteristics of that person.
IMO its kinda lame to just make ones up that have nothing to do with the person.

"how did you get that nickname?" ummm, no idea, somebody just picked it to give people nicknames :)

Oct 19, 2009
A few years ago, OK many years ago. We were playing in a tournament where they were working on the field and they had taken the fence down in foul territory a bulldozer was parked on the other side where the fence used to be, my right fielder went flying after a foul ball with me and others yelling, she crashed into the bulldozer while making the catch, to this day she is called Bull she is either 21 or 22, married and is a new mom.

Last edited:
Dec 5, 2012
Mid West
My oldest dd is mildly allergic to mosquito bites... the bite area will swell up into a 2 or 3 inch round puffy red spot. When she was about 18 months old, she would constantly point out any spot on anyone. Moles, freckles, zits, scars, or bites on everyone she was near... she would get a real concerned look on her face and simply ask "skeeter?"
So, now to this day, 17 years later, she's simply know as "Skeeter" on the ball diamond.

Jul 19, 2014
Madison, WI
When DD 1 played freshman ball, 6 of the 11 freshmen (and 13 players on the JV2 team) came from the same middle school. Only about 80 out of 500 freshmen. She knew all the girls from her middle school, and some of those girls were some of her very closest friends. She had a nickname from middle school her classmates gave her, and that stuck for softball.

Mar 29, 2012
Nicknames just have to develop, trying to force one just doesn't work, some girls just never get one that sticks.

I have seen nicknames a lot of time are a play on the persons name. We have been on 2 diferent teams with a samantha and they both became sammy whamy. I have seen a couple of girls with a last name like Mckinzey or Mcdonald become Big Mac. I have seen a couple of maddies called mad dog.

For the last 4 years my duaghter's nickname has been Domo, not just in softball but the kids at school and even her teachers call her that. This year though her team has taken to calling her Spidey, so now on social media her new teammates call her spidey while all her other friends still call her domo.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sstop28