I guess it is my turn, my DD. Have at it so we can improve. 12 YO

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
That's wrong, without efficient force production there's no force. Force production has absolutely no influence on control. When I bunt, I'm producing no force but I have maximum control. And if control is so important, why can't I hit dingers by bunting?

Angular momentum allows efficient force production. What do you think the whole rotational hitting craze is about?

What ???? Hitting at a high level is difficult? Actually, hitting a ball is just physics. A simple machine can be built. What's hard is hitting a pitcher who is trying to fool you. See Pujols v. Finch.

There is no magic to hitting. There are folks out there who believe it and they make the physics unbelievably complicated. They use anacronyms, made up terminology, and distorted definitions to confuse others into joining them in that belief.
They are self anointed experts who, if you ask them to, can't base any of their reasoning in physics.

I stopped here. You are misinformed. Or not thinking clearly. I can create more force with a slow pitch softball swing than I can with a baseball swing right? Hopefully you see the logic in that? But will it be as efficient of a force or short or efficient to the ball? Or the same?

Jul 29, 2013
Guess not. COM(the hips are not the cog, the bb is)will be late to the ball if tilted back before launch ensues. It starts it’s forward move too late. Compensations like snapping(casting)the barrel rearward will be needed to catch up.

Again Bobby, nothing you say matches what video says. Problem right?

This was the very thing the young hitter in this thread was suffering from. Did you not see it? The OP did. What are you missing?

You still haven’t produce a tilted(hips forward) before launch hitter like you said. They are all stacked, head over bb, bb in the center. Waiting...
Bb, another secret acronym.
Here's the Ruth pic again.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2019-08-03-08-36-54.png
    Screenshot_2019-08-03-08-36-54.png
    159.7 KB · Views: 5
  • Screenshot_2019-08-03-08-37-02.png
    Screenshot_2019-08-03-08-37-02.png
    158.3 KB · Views: 5
  • Screenshot_2019-08-03-08-32-08.png
    Screenshot_2019-08-03-08-32-08.png
    159.7 KB · Views: 4
  • Screenshot_2019-08-03-08-33-25.png
    Screenshot_2019-08-03-08-33-25.png
    156.3 KB · Views: 4
  • Screenshot_2019-08-03-08-38-50.png
    Screenshot_2019-08-03-08-38-50.png
    161.3 KB · Views: 4
Jul 29, 2013
Guess not. COM(the hips are not the cog, the bb is)will be late to the ball if tilted back before launch ensues. It starts it’s forward move too late. Compensations like snapping(casting)the barrel rearward will be needed to catch up.

Again Bobby, nothing you say matches what video says. Problem right?

This was the very thing the young hitter in this thread was suffering from. Did you not see it? The OP did. What are you missing?

You still haven’t produce a tilted(hips forward) before launch hitter like you said. They are all stacked, head over bb, bb in the center. Waiting...
Here's Ruth taking a pitch.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2019-08-03-08-37-53.png
    Screenshot_2019-08-03-08-37-53.png
    158.8 KB · Views: 6
Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
Bb, another secret acronym.
Here's the Ruth pic again.

The mass (upper body) is ahead or leading. The belly button is centered. He is stacked. He’s not pushing his hips forward and tilting rearward. He keeps those under his head or shoulders the whole sequence. The only guy I know that tilts like you described is Aaron Judge.

Jul 29, 2013
I stopped here. You are misinformed. Or not thinking clearly. I can create more force with a slow pitch softball swing than I can with a baseball swing right? Hopefully you see the logic in that? But will it be as efficient of a force or short or efficient to the ball? Or the same?
Nope, can't create more force because the ball is coming more slowly.
There's no difference in the physics. Time difference only. If I know where and when the pitch is coming, I can start earlier. OR if I can generate enough bat speed I can wait longer to commit. No adjustability required. Experience makes the difference and that's why Pujols can't hit Finch.
Short to the ball eliminates much needed time to accelerate the bat.

Jul 29, 2013
The mass (upper body) is ahead or leading. The belly button is centered. He is stacked. He’s not pushing his hips forward and tilting rearward. He keeps those under his head or shoulders the whole sequence. The only guy I know that tilts like you described is Aaron Judge.
So there you are. Recognizing that one elite hitter tilts like I said. 12 steps. Admission...,
If I tilt my screen, then Ruth is stacked like you say but then he's hitting uphill.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
Nope, can't create more force because the ball is coming more slowly.
There's no difference in the physics. Time difference only. If I know where and when the pitch is coming, I can start earlier. OR if I can generate enough bat speed I can wait longer to commit. No adjustability required. Experience makes the difference and that's why Pujols can't hit Finch.
Short to the ball eliminates much needed time to accelerate the bat.

The ball has nothing to do with the force a hitter creates.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802