I forgot to pick up my gopro after the game. When I went back, it was gone

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 12, 2014
Glad you are getting it back!

I've never left my gopro but I've left my pitching rubber on the practice field a few times. Fortunately it was always there the next day when I went back.

NBECoach

Learning everyday
Aug 9, 2018
I have lost my wallet a few times. 1st time was a pain in the a**. The amount of phone calls I needed to make surprised me.

Last 2 times people turned it in to loss and found, there are nice people in the world.

DD lost her red softball jersey, she was a train wreck. She keeps tabs on her stuff. I am driving all over town looking for it. How do you lose a jersey? She had her black Jersey on, everyone else on team had thier red jersey on. You could just see it eating at her the entire game.

Someone found it behind dresser in her bedroom so all was good in the world again.

Gave player on team a nice catching glove, it was in lost and found for 6 months.
When I was coaching TB we (the coaches) always had spare uniform tops. 1 of each color. Saved us a couple of times. Luckily the size was close.

May 4, 2020
I have my name and phone number taped to the LynkSpyder. I checked with the lost and found at the field, and it was not there. So whoever picked it up knows exactly who it belongs to and how to reach me. They are just stealing it.

I know this happens, but it is unfathomable to me that someone would do this.

I logged into GoPro to see if my camera was registered there so maybe I could block it or something . (no idea exactly what I was hoping for. I am grasping) I don't see anything there.
Your fault for leaving it behind. Finding something isn’t stealing. I agree the person that found it should have contacted you to get it back to you if clearly marked with your contact info.
Common courtesy is not all that common unfortunately.
Did you check with facility to see if they have any camera’s set-up in the area where you left your gadget?

Jul 27, 2015
Your fault for leaving it behind. Finding something isn’t stealing. I agree the person that found it should have contacted you to get it back to you if clearly marked with your contact info.
Common courtesy is not all that common unfortunately.
Did you check with facility to see if they have any camera’s set-up in the area where you left your gadget?
Yes it was my fault for leaving it behind. Finding something with the person's name and phone number tagged to it, taking those off and keeping it for yourself, is most certainly stealing.

Thankfully an honest person found it and contacted me.

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
When i steal bases,
like to put my name on those :) 👍

Nice to read your getting it back!

Dec 11, 2010
Finding something with the person's name and phone number tagged to it, taking those off and keeping it for yourself, is most certainly stealing.
Absolute correct, both in ethical and legal sense!

Most states have a law similar to this one:

Theft of lost or mislaid property. A person commits theft of lost or mislaid property when he or she obtains control over the property and:
(a) Knows or learns the identity of the owner or knows, or is aware of, or learns of a reasonable method of identifying the owner, and
(b) Fails to take reasonable measures to restore the property to the owner, and
(c) Intends to deprive the owner permanently of the use or benefit of the property.

This legal message brought to you by the law offices of Dewey, Cheatem and Howe.

Glad you got your camera back! I have left stuff all over the place, softball people are a exceptionally honest bunch when it comes to returning equipment.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802