Humidor

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 12, 2016
I know it's not technically the correct place to post this, at the same time it is a very technical part of the game and affects hitting. Anybody else hating the humidor? I mean part of what I love about this game is the different ball parks and their attributes. For example Fenway Park and the Green Monster, Short porch at Yankee stadium, CF at Minutemaid etc. So why are teams trying to standardize ball flight when parks come in all shapes and sizes? I like the fact that the ball travels in Colorado, or one day vs the next(humidity) can impact ball flight. What's next, cancel the wind??

Jun 8, 2016
Baseball has always been crazy about the integrity of its statistics 🤷🏽‍♂️

In reality it doesn’t give the Rockies any competitive advantage since the team they are playing gets to hit in the same environmental conditions.

May 12, 2016
Baseball has always been crazy about the integrity of its statistics 🤷🏽‍♂️

In reality it doesn’t give the Rockies any competitive advantage since the team they are playing gets to hit in the same environmental conditions.
Integrity of statistics is not a thing in baseball :) Like I previously mentioned, ball park dimensions defeat that purpose.

Jun 8, 2016
Integrity of statistics is not a thing in baseball :) Like I previously mentioned, ball park dimensions defeat that purpose.
You are right they are doing it to just piss you off..nothing to do with statistics. I didn’t say it what they were doing made sense..just why they did it. Todd Helton had some pretty dramatic splits but so did Boggs if I remember correctly.

Last edited:
May 12, 2016
You are right they are doing it to just piss you off..nothing to do with statistics. I didn’t say it what they were doing made sense..just why they did it. Todd Helton had some pretty dramatic splits but so did Boggs if I remember correctly.
pattar, chill the $%$# out man :). MLB would mandate the humidor across the league if they were that worried about integrity of statistics. Humidity or lack of humidity, temperature etc are factors at every park, not just Coors Field, Rogers Centre, Fenway Park etc. 10 parks have the Humidor installed, while the others do not.

Jun 8, 2016
I only thought Coors had it..so yeah I don’t know. Still think it has to do with stats but it makes even less sense in that regards if it is used in some places and not used in others.

May 12, 2016
I only thought Coors had it..so yeah I don’t know. Still think it has to do with stats but it makes even less sense in that regards if it is used in some places and not used in others.
It’s bizarre, I believe the organizations are making the decision … not the league??

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brkou812