HS season starting for most areas..how long till???

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Sep 9, 2019
DD's 7th grade team has the second (of two) night of tryouts tonight, they'll know who made it when the walk out the door. Practice starts tomorrow. HS has already had tryouts. Games for for both start the first week of Apr. We're in central IN so we still expect some indoor work but right now it's looking better than average for forecasted temps, fingers crossed.
Better not let IHSAA know they had HS tryouts already since first practice dare is Monday in Indiana

Apr 28, 2014
DD threw to 12 batters yesterday. Said "I did my job".
Don't thing she will need to worry about her position but we have a freshman coming up who is legit. If anything may give DD a break for a few games. Were off to Myrtle in April for games.

Jul 1, 2019
Better not let IHSAA know they had HS tryouts already since first practice dare is Monday in Indiana
Ahh, then maybe I misunderstood DD about the HS tryouts. We start spring break on Monday so I was assuming they already had .

Last edited:
Sep 26, 2011
Tryouts in CT are in 3 weeks. Only 22 girls attended the meeting. 11 returning players, 11 Freshman and a new head coach. Team graduated 4 Seniors including only pitcher(oldest DD), starting catcher and SS. Team will look very different this spring.

My youngest is part of the large Freshman class. A few will be competing for Varsity including starting pitcher. JV will be a mix of sophomores and Freshman.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jan 4, 2019
We are a small school so not cuts. It’s more of trying for Varsity vs JV. Daughter is a Freshman and one of about 4 girls with TB experience. But, our district is big on Seniors play Varsity. Will see.

Apr 28, 2019
Tryouts in CT are in 3 weeks. Only 22 girls attended the meeting. 11 returning players, 11 Freshman and a new head coach. Team graduated 4 Seniors including only pitcher(oldest DD), starting catcher and SS. Team will look very different this spring.

My youngest is part of the large Freshman class. A few will be competing for Varsity including starting pitcher. JV will be a mix of sophomores and Freshman.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What part of CT?

Apr 1, 2017
My daughters are freshmen, 1 pitches, 1 catches. Finished 2nd day of tryouts. Pulled my catcher late and said they wanted her to work with JV tomorrow. Excited for her that she might move up, but the scheduling side of me realizes things might become a pain.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sstop28