HS season starting for most areas..how long till???

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 28, 2014
The first drama thread?
Just kidding!
Good luck to all of the girls trying out especially the freshman. It's always a bit nerv wracking.

Apr 1, 2017
My daughters (freshman) are trying out starting in about 2 hours. Pretty sure I'm more nervous than they are....

Their class has a large amount of softball players compared to most years (I think 20 registered for tryouts?), so a couple decent players will probably be cut. On the other hand, their school has low numbers of soph and juniors, so freshman will make the team as JV.

May 22, 2015
Illinois
DD has her first tryout after school today. She texted me this afternoon saying she was nervous lol. Shes got this though and should make varsity this year as a sophomore. She’ll know by the end of the week I suppose. She’s excited and they should be a pretty good team this season.

Cannonball

Ex "Expert"
Feb 25, 2009
DD has her first tryout after school today. She texted me this afternoon saying she was nervous lol. Shes got this though and should make varsity this year as a sophomore. She’ll know by the end of the week I suppose. She’s excited and they should be a pretty good team this season.
Nervous? I thought that I told her that nervous is for people who don't practice! She's good to go and then some!!! I can't wait to see how she does this year.

We had our first practice tonight as well. I am teaching in Missouri now and so, have to drive back in that traffic. I'll be late for practice and games a lot of the time.

Apr 5, 2013
Back on the dirt...
Our HS is 7-4-1 in Texas. Dd is an 8th grader but we have been keeping up closely for next season prospects and my 2nd born DD played with a lot of these girls until 14u. Fun to see some of my old players doing well.

Its pretty laid back now but next year, man, I can feel the tension already!

May 20, 2015
haha......conditioning (used to be pitchers & catchers, now it is everyone) starts 3/23.....full practice 3/30, first scrimmages 4/11

there's still several inches of snow and ice on the field, but this week's weather should help that......but last year we had 8-10" of snow come down late in the first week of april

DD #1 is a sophmore......started as a frosh, all conference (maine softball is a slightly different world, not taking anything away from her).....she'll start again, will more than likely be a captain as a soph

May 29, 2015
Two weeks ... starting to clean up my gear already.

Last week we received four inches of snow overnight. Within a few days, it was almost 60 degrees. Gotta’ love Illinois weather. If you don’t, just wait a day.

May 11, 2018
DD has tryouts in 2 weeks (first year in high school) we are not worried, she has been practicing and playing indoors all winter. we are more interested in where she ends up and what position. we are looking at high school more as rec, its just something fun for her to do after school.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802