HS season starting for most areas..how long till???

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
I got my first sun burn!! I went out to watch some HS ball last Thursday. Saw 3 games. No hat and no sun block. My forehead is shedding skin at an alarming rate.

Jun 4, 2019
Love HS softball. There is nothing like playing for your school and community. TB is great, but doesn’t give them that experience.

Last edited:

Top_Notch

Screwball
Dec 18, 2014
Tryouts this week. Freshman daughter pulled already to do tryouts with junior/seniors, so that's a good sign. Tryouts are before school (@5:45 am starting) which seems really early. Maybe it's a test. Brutal nonetheless.

Oct 15, 2013
Seattle, WA
DD is a sophomore and had first practice/tryout yesterday. I'm a little concerned because she thinks she was promised the starting SS position. I tell her no, the coach said at the end of the year softball banquet that she hopes you slide into that position this year.

She started at 2nd last year and the SS graduated, so she thinks that spot is hers automatically. There's at least one freshman who I know could challenge her. I'm afraid this could go sideways for her if she's not made SS. I've told her to go to practice and show out and show off, but she thinks I'm as idiot.

May 27, 2013
We started about 2 weeks ago. Had an indoor scrimmage, and are supposed to start non-league games next week. Will be heading to Florida in a few weeks for “spring training.”

May 22, 2015
Illinois
Nervous? I thought that I told her that nervous is for people who don't practice! She's good to go and then some!!! I can't wait to see how she does this year.

We had our first practice tonight as well. I am teaching in Missouri now and so, have to drive back in that traffic. I'll be late for practice and games a lot of the time.

You know it and I know it lol. The kid works hard that’s for sure.

I was wondering if you were still able to coach with the new teaching gig. I’m sure we’ll see you at some point this season! If you end up doing any hitting stuff this summer let us know.

Jul 1, 2019
DD's 7th grade team has the second (of two) night of tryouts tonight, they'll know who made it when the walk out the door. Practice starts tomorrow. Games start the first week of Apr. We're in central IN so we still expect some indoor work but right now it's looking better than average for forecasted temps, fingers crossed.

Edited to correct mis-statement about HS start date

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sstop28