how's the territory in N. Carolina?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 10, 2015
Chautauqua County
We're putting some thought into moving a little further south. Not to a big city, mind you, but something smaller and more rural maybe. I'm curious about fastpitch. Is it popular, how is the coaching and instruction, can a competent, experienced coach/instructor make a decent second income? And I need a lake, if possible. I have the pontoon boat, music, and beer.

I don’t think it’s too bad. There’s several good organizations here. Lady Dukes, Carolina Elite, Team NC, Lady Lightening Gold, EC Bullets, there’s a Firecracker team or two here too. I’m sure I’m leaving out some other bigger teams. But that’s off the top of my head. Don’t discount some of the smaller teams here either. Some are pretty good. There’s Baseball/Softball Rebellion in Durham as far as instruction goes. Look them up, Chas and the guys there are great.
Also there’s plenty of lakes here too lol.
I do believe that an experienced coach could make a second living here. I don’t think it’s over saturated here.

Apr 30, 2018
Bigger teams are of course nearer the bigger cities and that would be the best opportunity for 2nd income coaching. Not high level, but lots of good softball, lake(s) and people in the area around Lake James and heading towards Hickory. As long as you stay out of the rural mtns. :( softball is fairly plentiful. Unfortunately housing market is very hot and prices are way up at the moment due to people fleeing other parts of the country for various reasons.

Aug 25, 2019
zero. lol, I was thinking about instructions or school ball.
Well, some travel coaches do get paid, I wonder what the big time organizations pay their coaches. As for around here, NY, don't quote me on this, but I think varsity coaches make around $4-5,000, with JV making less, and middle school about $3200. Not too bad when you consider it's only for about three months.

Jan 29, 2019
Clemmons, NC
I don’t think it’s too bad. There’s several good organizations here. Lady Dukes, Carolina Elite, Team NC, Lady Lightening Gold, EC Bullets, there’s a Firecracker team or two here too. I’m sure I’m leaving out some other bigger teams. But that’s off the top of my head. Don’t discount some of the smaller teams here either. Some are pretty good. There’s Baseball/Softball Rebellion in Durham as far as instruction goes. Look them up, Chas and the guys there are great.
Also there’s plenty of lakes here too lol.
I do believe that an experienced coach could make a second living here. I don’t think it’s over saturated here.
Travis pretty much summed up all the larger organizations - I'd add in Carolina Cardinals to the mix too. He's also right about some of the smaller teams being good ball teams. DD plays for Team NC and we have to travel about an hour to practice. Guess it's where you plan on moving. If you go toward Lake Norman area, you'll find more than enough team to pick from and won't have much of a drive for practice. Good luck!

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
I’ve lived 25 miles outside of Charlotte my entire 55 years, I love living here in NC!

My DD goes to college in Greenville SC, beautiful area and I’d absolutely move there tomorrow! The rural areas of Spartanburg & Greenville are super nice and there’s lots of cool stuff not too far away!

Greenville is 90 miles from my driveway and a little over a 100 miles from Charlotte, either location, you don’t need to worry about softball, plenty of choices!

***** I do have to say though, I-85 South from Charlotte to Greenville is an absolute nightmare!! Construction has been going on for 20 years it seems, yeah they’re getting close! :rolleyes:

Nov 11, 2019
Plenty of good softball in Va. And good instructors are always needed. Richmond area has a few powerful organizations. Unity and Hanover Hornets just to name a couple.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sstop28