Howard Kobota

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 2, 2008
I am always paranoid when ordering off of the internet, has anybody ordered off his site. If so was there any problems.

Mike

FastpitchFan

Softball fan
Feb 28, 2008
Montreal, Canada
I have ordered his tapes 2-3 months ago and received them in no time. No problem whatsoever.

The site looks a bit 1990's because it has been around a long time and the look has not changed in years but ordering from it is totally safe.

He has also interesting material on his tapes. They are worth it.

Cheers,

Marc

May 5, 2008
I've heard he has upgraded to DVDs from VHS so that's good. But like Marc said...he doesn't really do much with his website, it's more for informational purposes. I love his stuff though.

Some people don't, but no matter what you do, there will always be people who don't totally agree with you.

Personally, I think you'll be happy with ordering his videos online.

Aug 4, 2008
Lexington,Ohio
If you ever get a chance go to one of his clinics. The DVD's do not do him justice. It took me about 2 clinics before I could understand and get the true benefits of his DVD's.

Aug 2, 2008
I ordred them last week, I clicked on comfirm and it looked like I ordered everything twice, (outdated site) so I e-mailed him to clarify and within 24 hours I got an e-mail back with the correct order that had already been processed. He also said to e-mail or call him directly If I had any questions in the future. I look forward to receiving them and will post a comment after watching them.

Mike

May 5, 2008
SBFAMILY is right. I've been to about 4 clinics in the past year and I learn so much each time!

Glad you got the order taken care of. Howard is usually pretty easy to contact. Hope you like the DVDs.

Aug 2, 2008
That is the quickest order I think I have ever received. I have watched most of the first one (alot of information at a quick pace.) It takes the basic fundamentals to the next level, for our 10-Uers we are going to concentrate on proper footwork and quick release . I am hoping to get through the second DVD this weekend. What I like most so far is the little things he teaches that most coaches (like me) have not thought of yet. A good buy in my opinion. I think these are videos that can be referenced for as long as they play.

Mike

May 7, 2008
I bought Howard's videos about 6-7 years ago. I knew as I watched them that he was breaking things down in detail and teaching things that get overlooked. I watched them a lot and then called him with a few questions and we talked for about an hour.

I ended up flying him in for a weekend clinic and had him in several times since then. Nowadays he is pretty booked and hard to schedule, but his stuff is great. To teach it, though, you really need to learn it well and be able to demonstrate.

I have a team of Division III college players and most of them come nowhere near getting his methods correct, as their bad habits seem to hard to break at this point.

May 5, 2008
To teach it, though, you really need to learn it well and be able to demonstrate.

I have a team of Division III college players and most of them come nowhere near getting his methods correct, as their bad habits seem to hard to break at this point.

Absolutely...not something you can watch once and go out and teach. That's why I get to a clinic as often as possible. With Howard visiting Hawaii almost every other month, I'm in luck.

Demonstration is one of the most effective ways to help players see the differences in what they are doing and what you want them to do. It's also essential in convincing them that a change is good for them. Going through that right now with our team...a lot of the stuff I'm emphasizing with them is different from what they've been taught all these years.

Lucky for me, our SS, one of the best players on team, and a leader has taken the changes well and now players are starting to see the difference in what she is doing and what they are doing. Just the other day we were doing a drill - no ball and I asked the girls why from the point of the catch to the point of the throw, some players were able to get out twice as far and significantly cut down the distance between them and their target while building momentum and making the throw quicker and less stressful on their arm. The difference was in the footwork. Immediately a bunch more of them made the change. Even though they've ALL heard it and seen it from me before...only after seeing their own teammate doing it and seeing the difference it made did they make the decision to try something new.