How to Play Softball During a Pandemic

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Ken Krause

Administrator
Admin
May 7, 2008
Mundelein, IL
For better or for worse, a CDC recommendation about whether parks can allow play or not carries about as much legal weight as a parent recommendation on the starting lineup.

Aug 2, 2019
The restroom thing is definitely a big issue. The tournament port-o-johns are nasty on a pre-Covid good day, and I'm a guy that for the most part can get in and out without touching anything.
It's usually 190* inside those things. That's probably hot enough to kill the virus.

Jun 8, 2016
Save me a seat. It's probably going to get crowded out there.
If other people are sitting out there with me it defeats the main purpose of me being out there,e.g. not hearing them say stupid stuff. If it comes to that I will likely just drop her off and follow on gamechanger so I know when to pick her up... :LOL:

May 16, 2016
"Little League baseball canceled its 2020 World Series tournaments and regional qualifying events Thursday because of health concerns related to the coronavirus outbreak."

"However, Little League Chief Executive Stephen Keener said local leagues can begin play after May 11 and hold district all-star tournaments as long as they adhere to local and state guidelines. "

LOL, talk about mixed messages... Looks like the Chief Executive is protecting his own butt from liability, and letting the locals proceed at their own risk...

Oct 3, 2011
Right Here For Now
No mention of the rest rooms?

Will it come to this? Every team brings their own? IDK, will a 5 gallon porta potty handle an entire team for the day?

View attachment 17330

My DW and I have discussed getting one of these for tournaments... Seriously!
View attachment 17331
View attachment 17332
And the most important feature....
View attachment 17333
Might as well get an over the frame rail Class A. Costs about the same and lots more room. You get killed on fuel but at a $1 a gallon, who cares🤣🤣

Mar 28, 2014
"Little League baseball canceled its 2020 World Series tournaments and regional qualifying events Thursday because of health concerns related to the coronavirus outbreak."

"However, Little League Chief Executive Stephen Keener said local leagues can begin play after May 11 and hold district all-star tournaments as long as they adhere to local and state guidelines. "

LOL, talk about mixed messages... Looks like the Chief Executive is protecting his own butt from liability, and letting the locals proceed at their own risk...
People have to travel long distances by air, to get to the LLWS. People come from all over the world. From China, Venezuela, etc.... They can drive their car to the local park down the street or to the regional tournament in the next town over. Big difference so not really mixed messages. They don't want people to be forced to fly on airplanes with other people from outside of their household so they cancel the LLWS. Seems reasonable.

May 16, 2016
People have to travel long distances by air, to get to the LLWS. People come from all over the world. From China, Venezuela, etc.... They can drive their car to the local park down the street or to the regional tournament in the next town over. Big difference so not really mixed messages. They don't want people to be forced to fly on airplanes with other people from outside of their household so they cancel the LLWS. Seems reasonable.

All good points... Didn't consider the international aspect.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802