How to hit

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 26, 2010
A gif for your players who complain about the strike zone. All six of these were home runs.

hpra8zz.gif

-W

Jul 26, 2010
Spoken like a high school softball player!

Heh, no just saying that it's a good vid to have in your pocket the next time one of your players strikes out looking or complains that they never get strikes pitched to them.

-W

Aug 29, 2011
NorCal
It's no wonder the pitcher didn't throw a strike, I'd have a tough time getting 6 balls in my hand at one time!

But yes I agree that's a fun gif and good way to point out to players that sometime you can even hit balls that are not strikes very well.

marriard

Not lost - just no idea where I am
Oct 2, 2011
Florida
But yes I agree that's a fun gif and good way to point out to players that sometime you can even hit balls that are not strikes very well.

--sarcasm on--
Of course if you MISS the ball pitched off the plate all the coaches will yell at you about having a better eye, swinging only at strikes and so forth when you come back into the dugout
--sarcasm off--

Jun 18, 2012
Utah
Given the number of strike-outs there are against good pitchers, whether it be 10U, 12U, .... D1 college ball, I firmly believe that batters need to be taught to learn how to hit all those pitches around the outside of the strike zone. I've always felt that most batters are not aggressive enough. That is, I think we go too far with the "You need to be more selective in what you swing at."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
winters3478