How to get more games

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 9, 2010
DD just realized that since she is now in college, there will be no more summer ball. She has aged-out, and 19U isn’t a thing in the NW. So, is that really it? Just college games in the spring (plays DIII)? We are wishing there were college summer leagues like they have for baseball! 😕

Dec 9, 2010
Slow pitch, rec leagues. Maybe after college softball is done, but not what she was hoping for to keep sharp.

marriard

Not lost - just no idea where I am
Oct 2, 2011
Florida
DD just realized that since she is now in college, there will be no more summer ball. She has aged-out, and 19U isn’t a thing in the NW. So, is that really it? Just college games in the spring (plays DIII)? We are wishing there were college summer leagues like they have for baseball!

There is quite a bit of U23 in the Northeast and there is a 10 team college summer league around Tampa, Florida (www.flgulfcoastleague.com) starting up this year that is attracting a lot of talent.

That might not help your DD specifically but there is movement and apparently demand. Originally it was going to be a 6-8 team league in Florida, but they have already expanded it to 10 due to interest.

May 29, 2015
I know they have a 23U tournament (I believe that it is USA Softball sanctioned) in Bloomington (IL) each summer, so there are some teams around. Their numbers have dramatically dropped in the last few years though.

I have heard of more and more people asking this though. I don’t know if your daughter is going to school near home, but maybe check with some local colleges and junior colleges to see if there is anything around.

Jun 8, 2016
In this day and age it surprises me that there are not more summer college leagues for fastpitch like there are for baseball. At one point I was playing in 2 different summer leagues in college.

Dec 9, 2010
Thanks everyone. Glad to hear there are some opportunities and interest. DD attends college in southern MA, but will return home to WA this summer, and there is nothing available for summers out here.

May 31, 2012
I know its been almost a year since the last post in this topic. But i would be interested if there is anything on the East coast pertaining to 23u or something along those lines! Any help would be appreciated.

Mar 10, 2020
DD just realized that since she is now in college, there will be no more summer ball. She has aged-out, and 19U isn’t a thing in the NW. So, is that really it? Just college games in the spring (plays DIII)? We are wishing there were college summer leagues like they have for baseball! 😕
Has she played a season in college yet. dd's body needed time off. Then eased back with conditioning. Shut the arm completely down 1 month.

Dec 9, 2010
They got in 10 games before the season shut down, and she played in 6. Given the schedule, if she had played in the rest of the season and at least through regionals in post, we are talking about 25 games total. That isn’t a lot for a kid that easily played 22-25 HS games then moved into summer ball and averaged around 50 more.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robertsonwhitney45