How to get DD to not lunge

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 15, 2017
How do I stop DD from lunging forward? Any other hitting advice?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Feb 13, 2015
Have her straighten her front leg as she swings. Don't let front knee bend through the swing. Watch some videos in these forums to see it.

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
I have never had a lunger but that will not stop me.

First I would show her a video of herself, do not beat her over the head with it, just show her what she is doing.

As KC mentioned it is probly her base causing issue, work on legs and hips. Push comes to shove get a pool noodle and place it in frount of her shoulders when she swings.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
The big part is for her to understand/feel how to swing AGAINST the front leg, not OVER the front leg.

Comparing video - her swing vs. a high-level swing - can be a powerful tool. However, make sure she knows that you don't expect her to swing like a pro immediately, but that she can improve by working towards duplicating what the best in the game are doing.

ian

Jun 11, 2015
How do I stop DD from lunging forward? Any other hitting advice?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Study how the shoulders are supposed to work. If her 'top gear' is working properly (front shoulder up, rear shoulder down) lunging will not happen. If her shoulders are not working properly and she pulls off the ball with the front shoulder, lunging will be very hard to correct.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802