How to dry wet glove?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 30, 2018
Any recomendations on drying out a wet glove? DD had to finish her last game of the evening in a downpour.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Does it need to be back playable quick? If the inside hand and finger stalls are soaked, fill it up with rice and let it absorb the moisture.

If just the outside, sit it on the dash of your car, let it dry, then give it a light wipe down with Lexol or your favorite conditioner.

Apr 30, 2018
Unfortunately, we lost so it doesn't need to be done quick. We were winning going into the bottom of the inning when the sky let loose. It was raining hard enough it was improssible to keep the ball dry. Our pitcher who had been doing great started having trouble with control (understandably) and we lost 2-1.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

May 21, 2014
The key to drying a glove is to not let it get dried out in the process. If you have a boot/glove dryer they are perfect because they will circulate air without (or with low) heat. Before it's all the way dry, use some conditioner all over the glove. Be sure to manipulate the glove at this stage. I would also encourage your daughter to put her hand in it and open and close it (rubber glove on her hand with conditioner on it is perfect). The leather will want to shrink a bit as it dries so this will help make sure it fits back to her hand.

Aug 11, 2015
I usually just put it over top of an AC vent so the air can circulate through it and then once FULLY dry condition it. You dont want to seal any moisture in.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brookeshaelee