How should a 15 year old learn how to hit?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

BigSkyHi

All I know is I don't know
Jan 13, 2020
Good job kiddo. Recommend you move the tee forward to where your stride foot lands. Right now it is back to where your stride foot starts. Believe currently it is difficult for you to consistently get the barrel on the ball.

- Why is it important to use a batting tee at any level

Oct 2, 2017
I think it's awesome, you're putting in the work. If I can give 1 tip is to not think of the swing as swinging around the ball. But to and through the ball. If you imagine the ball is on a road or rail road tracks. The bat (train or car) has to travel as long as possible on the rails or road. If you going around you are going run off the road or crash the train of the track. Hope that makes sense.

Also get you a piece of PVC or a broom stick. Set up you tee like normal with a ball. And do these. Trying to maintain good posture all the way to contact.

Last edited:
Aug 20, 2017
Now get your hips back and think about your stomach working from under the ball. Hold that posture throughout the swing. Looking better

BigSkyHi

All I know is I don't know
Jan 13, 2020
Great job kiddo. Here is some information about the mental side when you finally get to face a pitcher or tryout.

Attachments

• 14 Tips for Mental Toughness.txt
    10 KB · Views: 4
Aug 27, 2019
Lakewood CA.
My #1 recommendation (if you can afford it) would be lessons with a reputable instructor. The good ones can see things in your swing that are problematic and help you fix them.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coopdog