How Pitching Illegally Comes Back to Haunt You

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 6, 2013
The pitcher is not the only way to get to Regionals🥳 thankfully.
Sure there are but when a game starts in this matter it sets the tone for the entire game. Let's also be honest - pitching plays a giant role in the outcomes of games. It's no surprise the teams with the best pitching top the polls / win the most games.

May 16, 2016
Lol! Projecting my own feelings?! Nah - was just wondering if this pitcher was told at any point before being recruited if her pitching was illegal. Like I mentioned in an earlier reply - there was a thread a while back where I commented that it should be pointed out at the youth ages - 12U and lower. Several posters thought that was absurd and felt that it was too young at those levels to point it out.

My point was that this is the outcome of what can happen if a pitcher is allowed to continue doing it from an early age on. It might not happen at the youth level or even in HS - but when it does happen that a pitcher is called on it, it might be in a big-stakes game like this one was. Same thing happened to Kenzie Fowler years ago.

It was a tough game to watch, and I’m sure a team would never want to lose that way and I’m also pretty sure that most respectable teams would prefer to not win in that manner. Granted she was removed in the 1st inning so yes, the offense on both teams had opportunities to do more. However in this instance, it had a pretty big part to do with the final score.

My post had to do with the current-day pitching rules and how not enforcing them at the younger ages could have lead to this outcome. It had nothing to with what will happen in the future, and surely not what had occurred in the past.

Not sure what feelings I’m projecting here. Just made an observation and followed it up with a question for discussion. Didn’t realize that has become taboo on here. 🤷‍♀️

196ip this season.... (Almost 700 ip in her college career) and 1/3 of an inning, one umpire decides he's going to make a point....

And you think the problem lies with the pitcher, and what she was taught in 12u? LOL

This is the outcome of what can happen when a subjective rule is inconsistently applied...

May 27, 2013
196ip this season.... (Almost 700 ip in her college career) and 1/3 of an inning, one umpire decides he's going to make a point....

And you think the problem lies with the pitcher, and what she was taught in 12u? LOL

This is the outcome of what can happen when a subjective rule is inconsistently applied...

That’s another reason, as well. If you reread my post - I asked the question wondering if she’s ever been called on it when she was younger, when it was very fixable. And if she wasn’t, then yes, it came back to haunt her now, at the collegiate level.

I also never made the claim that it was how she was taught. Those words never came out of my mouth. Not sure why you are getting so defensive with me on this?

May 16, 2016
That’s another reason, as well. If you reread my post - I asked the question wondering if she’s ever been called on it when she was younger, when it was very fixable. And if she wasn’t, then yes, it came back to haunt her now, at the collegiate level.

I also never made the claim that it was how she was taught. Those words never came out of my mouth. Not sure why you are getting so defensive with me on this?
Your questions start with the presumption "she is illegal". I disagree with that presumption.

By the way, you are free not to respond.

May 27, 2013
[QUOTE="wheresmycar, post: 663706, member: 14647
By the way, you are free not to respond.
[/QUOTE]

Got it. 👌

May 17, 2012
Lol! Projecting my own feelings?! Nah - was just wondering if this pitcher was told at any point before being recruited if her pitching was illegal. Like I mentioned in an earlier reply - there was a thread a while back where I commented that it should be pointed out at the youth ages - 12U and lower. Several posters thought that was absurd and felt that it was too young at those levels to point it out.

My point was that this is the outcome of what can happen if a pitcher is allowed to continue doing it from an early age on. It might not happen at the youth level or even in HS - but when it does happen that a pitcher is called on it, it might be in a big-stakes game like this one was. Same thing happened to Kenzie Fowler years ago.

It was a tough game to watch, and I’m sure a team would never want to lose that way and I’m also pretty sure that most respectable teams would prefer to not win in that manner. Granted she was removed in the 1st inning so yes, the offense on both teams had opportunities to do more. However in this instance, it had a pretty big part to do with the final score.

My post had to do with the current-day pitching rules and how not enforcing them at the younger ages could have lead to this outcome. It had nothing to with what will happen in the future, and surely not what had occurred in the past.

Not sure what feelings I’m projecting here. Just made an observation and followed it up with a question for discussion. Didn’t realize that has become taboo on here. 🤷‍♀️

I would point out that she won for every team that she ever played on from 10u to College. She won for every coach she ever played for. So when people ask how this could happen I would point out that no one cares. She wins.

Now you may point out that she lost one game or had an umpire that repeatedly called it and lost a championship game....does it really matter? All parties involved got paid in the end.

From a competitive perspective I get it but from a "business of softball", no one cares and this is why we are in the mess that we are in.

I hope that makes sense...

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sstop28