How Pitching Illegally Comes Back to Haunt You

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 8, 2016
I don't remember seeing many white ball/40 ft/AL bat games on ESPN/ABC/etc if anybody is wondering why they made it such that offense is more prominent. Same reason you cannot sneeze on a QB without getting a penalty anymore or why they stopped allowing hand checks in NBA basketball..🤷‍♂️

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
I don't remember seeing many white ball/40 ft/AL bat games on ESPN/ABC/etc if anybody is wondering why they made it such that offense is more prominent. Same reason you cannot sneeze on a QB without getting a penalty anymore or why they stopped allowing hand checks in NBA basketball..🤷‍♂️
Screenshot_20220516-084008_Chrome.jpg
Change happens

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
"It makes zero sense that they can't just make things universal. It's pure ego that they don't." - Hillhouse

Bureaucratical Egotism = Old School Dummies that like to go to meetings to discuss what they are going to discuss at their next meeting.

Aug 6, 2013
2022 Stats...

242K in 196 ip. 2.17 ERA... All Conference 1st Team....

W's against.... LSU, Ole Miss, Ohio State, NC State

Haunted? Yeah, I think OP is projecting their own feelings....
You might want to get on ESPN+ and watch the elimination game then. Over half her pitches were called illegal and right before she was pulled - in the first inning - she ended up walking in a batter due to those pitches. The W's are all well and good except when you get eliminated in your conference tournament and that was your only way to get to the regionals 🤷‍♀️

radness

Dec 13, 2019
You might want to get on ESPN+ and watch the elimination game then. Over half her pitches were called illegal and right before she was pulled - in the first inning - she ended up walking in a batter due to those pitches. The W's are all well and good except when you get eliminated in your conference tournament and that was your only way to get to the regionals 🤷‍♀️
The pitcher is not the only way to get to Regionals🥳 thankfully.

radness

Dec 13, 2019
"It makes zero sense that they can't just make things universal. It's pure ego that they don't." - Hillhouse

Bureaucratical Egotism = Old School Dummies that like to go to meetings to discuss what they are going to discuss at their next meeting.
Appreciate @Rolling paying attention to that part of the discussion!!!!!🏆

Really has nothing to do with the past this is happening in the present ...2022

( however it was noted how it was different back then and that was part of discussions that people had,
Only back then conversation was
~Why can't women leap? Why are we being restricted?)

Last edited:
Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
It has nothing to do with the past this is happening in the present ...2022
And we presently have a problem that needs to be addressed in a timely manner. Like TODAY! Well, I don't know who sits on these rules' committees, but I imagine its old school guys that have nothing better to do but go to meetings and make themselves feel important. Fix the problem. Change the rules. Same goes for the slapper out of the box rule. I recently watch 4 batters (8, 9, 1, 2 batters) in a row clearly out of the box on the crossover step. No calls. Make rules that can be enforced. If a rule is too difficult to enforce it probably bad rule.

May 27, 2013
2022 Stats...

242K in 196 ip. 2.17 ERA... All Conference 1st Team....

W's against.... LSU, Ole Miss, Ohio State, NC State

Haunted? Yeah, I think OP is projecting their own feelings....

Lol! Projecting my own feelings?! Nah - was just wondering if this pitcher was told at any point before being recruited if her pitching was illegal. Like I mentioned in an earlier reply - there was a thread a while back where I commented that it should be pointed out at the youth ages - 12U and lower. Several posters thought that was absurd and felt that it was too young at those levels to point it out.

My point was that this is the outcome of what can happen if a pitcher is allowed to continue doing it from an early age on. It might not happen at the youth level or even in HS - but when it does happen that a pitcher is called on it, it might be in a big-stakes game like this one was. Same thing happened to Kenzie Fowler years ago.

It was a tough game to watch, and I’m sure a team would never want to lose that way and I’m also pretty sure that most respectable teams would prefer to not win in that manner. Granted she was removed in the 1st inning so yes, the offense on both teams had opportunities to do more. However in this instance, it had a pretty big part to do with the final score.

My post had to do with the current-day pitching rules and how not enforcing them at the younger ages could have lead to this outcome. It had nothing to with what will happen in the future, and surely not what had occurred in the past.

Not sure what feelings I’m projecting here. Just made an observation and followed it up with a question for discussion. Didn’t realize that has become taboo on here. 🤷‍♀️

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802