How often should you be hitting a batter?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Sep 29, 2014
I would get into the umpires ear and make sure he is watching for batters leaning into the strike zone. Then throw heat on the inside corner. If a batter is crowding the plate, it will be very difficult to hit square a pitch up and balls off the handle are usually routine grounders or easy pop ups. There is also something very satisfying in breaking a composite bat with an inside pitch...

Thanks I actually posted without getting to the bottom and see others mention Florida...funny how everyone brings up Florida you would think umpires would be on the look out...the Gators almost make a joke out of it which to me is not funny and they only do it because they get away with it...ring up a couple girls on strike three as they stick their elbow pad on the black or in the river and they would cut it out.

Of course I expect nothing less from the same coach yelling signals at girls batting mid pitch, you can be champion and have the respect of your fans and still be bush league.

Feb 17, 2014
Orlando, FL
Interesting how people mention Florida with respect to HBP yet there are other teams that got hit significantly more often.

Florida - 73
SC - 85

Last edited:
May 18, 2009
Do it every time they talk back! JK. I don't see it often. Saw it once this weekend in a game I was watching. Think it cracked a rib.

osagedr

Canadian Fastpitch Dad
Oct 20, 2016
DD's first inning of TB this year she hit 3 batters...ended up with 3 more in the next 64 innings.

I plunked her in BP a couple of weeks ago the next pitch after she whizzed a liner by my ear...you've never seen a more genuine look of shock on a kid's face...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brookeshaelee