How often should DD (a sophomore) send an email to a coach?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 27, 2015
I totally understand. Well explained. Thanks.

I have been telling my daughter to stop watching also, so I can get a rough idea. Good idea to tailor them individually.

I have our video as public, but I will start doing what you suggest to the schools that she really has her hopes on.

I have her season ending highlights public, but the week-to-week ones are private. My daughter has actually had a fair number of schools contact her after seeing her public videos.

Mar 28, 2016
I have her season ending highlights public, but the week-to-week ones are private. My daughter has actually had a fair number of schools contact her after seeing her public videos.
Thanks Gator. Any chance I can get a look at one of the public ones. You can PM me if you don't want to show it on here. No worries if you don't. Completely understandable.

Axe

Jul 7, 2011
Atlanta
Thanks Gator. Any chance I can get a look at one of the public ones. You can PM me if you don't want to show it on here. No worries if you don't. Completely understandable.
If you sign up for a profile platform like TPN or Sportsrecruits they track profile views and video views. Not free but much easier.

Apr 22, 2020
Especially during this time when everything is shut down, how often should DD (2022) be emailing coaches? We are shooting skills videos right now and she wants to send most of them out within a week. I was wondering if it would be worthwhile to stagger them, since there can be no other updates that would be cause to send a new email.
Great question, I just graduated from a D1 school last year and I started a blog to help young girls and their parents with the journey to getting to to college ball. I would say your right on track with the idea of staggering them, coaches know that this is an unusual time and they aren't expecting drastic new updates. But a good tip in any highlight video is to keep it simple, no flashy music or effects. Coaches watch skill videos with the sound off. Include the video to the coach with a personal message tailored to the coach. Mention what you love about the program and how your taking advantage of this time to get better a little bit each day. I'll be posting a blog post soon that covers the do's and don'ts of recruiting videos. In the mean time check out my blog and see if I can offer any other helpful tips for your daughter's journey! Best of luck! www.d1insidethelines.com

Aug 13, 2013
Sayville
She is not posting on Twitter, just sending out emails to coaches. I encourage her to personalize the emails to each coach so they don't look like they are from a template that she simply inserts the coach's and college's names.
Thats awesome. I dont like getting the same old emails over and over. Make it interesting...include why you want to attend the school (besides playing softball and we have your major). Say things about yourself besides your dedicated and highly motivated (we know that already). Good Luck

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Go_Ask_Mom