How much is a warranty worth?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 6, 2020
I expect that it will depend a lot on the bat, but what would you be willing to pay for NR bat vs new with full warranty?

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
I usually value NR bats half of MSRP...so 150-175 bucks. That's for a NIW NR bat. If its used, then less than that
depending on condition. But its worth what people will pay for it I guess. I would never pay more than 100-125
for a used bat anyway. You have to think about it this way, what are you willing to lose if the bat breaks
and not feel like you didn't get what you paid for. I have had a ton of NR new bats, and my prices were always
around 150. To me, warranties are worth more now than ever with how bats are made to perform and less about
durability.

There are always things that throw off that a little. Like, lets say a brand new bat comes out and you got it in
a warranty return from the previous model. Then you may be able to get 200 or more for it since its a new model and
people may want it more.

May 16, 2016
I'd probably be comfortable buying a NR bat at around 50% of the retail price. If it breaks, I can buy another one at the 50% price, and be no worse off... if the 2nd bat breaks within the first year, I am probably going to buy a different bat next time anyway.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cputman12