How much input do you let your 8U/10U player have....

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 23, 2020
A full summer season that probably ran into August, and then a Fall 10U season that had 10-12 tourneys? She played at least 3 games every weekend in Sept, Oct, and through 1/2 of November, and probably still practiced 2x each week. I wouldn't care how high (or low) her batting average is. I'd care more about "is she getting enough sleep?" "Is she eating healthy on gamedays?" and most importantly "is she still having fun?".

That was part of our concern, we just couldn't see how it could still be enjoyable for her, and were concerned about her and the rest of our families well being. The entire week after a 2 day tourney was a beating, and with so many scheduled and some back to back weekends, it was all we could do to keep our heads above water at times.

It sounds like it's an independent team - to already have such an intense schedule as 1st-yr 10U's, with a full slate of off-season training, makes me wonder if either the coach(es) are expecting too much, or the team is playing at a much higher level than you (and your daughter) were used to seeing when it was just rec ball.
It is/was? Our girls age group(2011's) were the first to get together last fall, since he has put together two more teams(2012's and 2013's) I guess with anticipation of building an organization. When I was an AC(2nd year 8U spring) he made the comment to me that he thought 9 out of 11 on our roster could go on to play college ball. I think that is when it started to sink in that what he wanted and what we wanted might be 2 different things.

Nov 23, 2020
Just want to say a sincere thank you to all who took the time to provide some insight and advice, and provide an update. DD ended up getting back in city ball, making all stars, and improved drastically on her offensive woes. She picked up on the earlier mentioned travel team a few weeks ago, and was offered a chance to come back for their fall season(barring any surprises from open tryouts in a couple of weeks) as they are making some changes to their roster to stay in 10U. This forum really is a great asset to anyone looking for guidance as we attempt to guide these children through this crazy word. Thanks again!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802