How many coaches/Managers per team?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 9, 2008
Hartford, CT
Pony, USSSA and ASA ....

Is there a limit to how many coaches in dugout/bench?

I often see a parent or coaches wife doing scorebook outside dugout ...

Wondering what that limit is ....

CoachJ5513

BlueJ5513
Sep 29, 2010
Texas
I like to have 3 in dugout. 1st/3rd base coach and one to help maintain the lineup. Have a mom who keeps the book and sits near fence where I call pitches to help me remember what each batter did previously. Usually keep a "spare" dad outside but near the dugout to warm up pitcher if necessary.

May 7, 2008
Tucson
In LL, there are specific rules concerning the number of coaches allowed. I remember, if you have 14 girls, you can have 3 coaches.

Hopefully, Bretman or another ump can answer your question.

Jul 26, 2010
Usually 3. I like having 4, honestly, as I feel keeping a pitching log requires that 4th "coach". I've been on some travel programs that had so many "coaches" the girls had to sit outside the dugout though. We called them the mushroom brigade because they were mostly fat and looked like mushrooms when sitting on buckets.

-W

Mar 13, 2010
Columbus, Ohio
The only sanctioning body I'm aware of that limits the number of coaches in the dugout is Little League. Of course, there are dozens of sanctioning bodies out there! Of the ones I work on a regular basis- ASA, NSA and NFHS- there is no limit.

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England
The only sanctioning body I'm aware of that limits the number of coaches in the dugout is Little League. Of course, there are dozens of sanctioning bodies out there! Of the ones I work on a regular basis- ASA, NSA and NFHS- there is no limit.

OMG - Please do not publicize this any further or the dugouts will be full and the stands empty!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rathouse