Summer Showcasing Recruitment Plans for you?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
Question addressing the many High School
Sophomore, Juniors and Seniors

Comments on how important or not is this summers showcasing for you?
Please indicate class level.

Last edited:

radness

Dec 13, 2019
Asked over 2 months ago.
Now we can see a clearer picture of the situation.

With ncaa not allowing in person recruiting still through July 31.
Seniors in colleges staying on.
& less showcase events...

Asking again has anyone changed plans do to low showcasing?
Or
What have you done to make an adjustment to the situation to connect with colleges?

marriard

Not lost - just no idea where I am
Oct 2, 2011
Florida
Asked over 2 months ago.
Now we can see a clearer picture of the situation.

With ncaa not allowing in person recruiting still through July 31.
Seniors in colleges staying on.
& less showcase events...

Asking again has anyone changed plans do to low showcasing?
Or
What have you done to make an adjustment to the situation to connect with colleges?

We went to:
- more tournaments and camps and more local
- Re-doing everyone's video who needed it
- Lots of emails, video highlights and streams; we went even narrower on target schools for our players.
- Beefed up our Fall/Winter showcase schedule.

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
For 16U/18U every tournament is a showcase. DD's should be emailing and corresponding with coaches on a regular basis. D3, NAIA and Juco coaches are still good to go.

radness

Dec 13, 2019
For 16U/18U every tournament is a showcase. DD's should be emailing and corresponding with coaches on a regular basis. D3, NAIA and Juco coaches are still good to go.
Well, with tournament cancellations & reschedules
plus not all venues have college coaches attending.
Or not as many attending.
No D1 coaches til July 31st (maybe).

This has changed priorities for some teams/players.

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
Most Texas teams are staying in Texas for the most part. Here is a schedule listing the tournaments taken from this website. https://www.tflfastpitch.com/

I believe that landscape is going to change dramatically going forward. In all reality most players go to college within a 6 hour distance from home. Turbo, you are in California right? Look at all the college rosters in your state. How many kids do you see coming in from outside of California? Not many right? In all the tournaments that I have attended I have never seen a college coach from California. Why? They don't need to spend the money on travel since their product is grown locally. If you want to go to a school outside of your area you will need to get yourself on campus to a camp. Some coaches (most asst) will work multi school camps to earn some pocket money. However, there are schools that have to recruit out of the area in order to get the talent that the local area does not produce.

There will be teams that will travel heavy, but I don't believe it will be same as before. It's kind of nice to see the Texas teams banding together to create a kick rear format for the players and families and also great to see other regions picking up on this.

May 27, 2013
Dd is a rising senior (2021). Coach at her top choice school has been happy with her just sending videos from pitching lessons to keep track of her progression. Specifically for dd, she’s close to being done but coaches still would like to see her play if they can.

We do have a lot of 2022s who were able to get on coaches’ radars this past fall at showcases and then this winter at camps. Lots of emails have been sent with video clips of practices and individual workouts. We plan to do local and regional showcases this summer and will livestream.

radness

Dec 13, 2019
Most Texas teams are staying in Texas for the most part. Here is a schedule listing the tournaments taken from this website. https://www.tflfastpitch.com/

I believe that landscape is going to change dramatically going forward. In all reality most players go to college within a 6 hour distance from home. Turbo, you are in California right? Look at all the college rosters in your state. How many kids do you see coming in from outside of California? Not many right? In all the tournaments that I have attended I have never seen a college coach from California. Why? They don't need to spend the money on travel since their product is grown locally. If you want to go to a school outside of your area you will need to get yourself on campus to a camp. Some coaches (most asst) will work multi school camps to earn some pocket money. However, there are schools that have to recruit out of the area in order to get the talent that the local area does not produce.

There will be teams that will travel heavy, but I don't believe it will be same as before. It's kind of nice to see the Texas teams banding together to create a kick rear format for the players and families and also great to see other regions picking up on this.

Good read!
Just to add
Correct not as many players come into calif. Only certain Ca.colleges recruit out of state.
Thats also because of extra tuition fee's.
As mentioned Colleges Coaches not traveling....
The shame is the venue's they would travel to and bring a variety of colleges aren't happening.
*Hard to forcast in person recruitment this summer.

Last 5 or so years notice lots of Ca. Players want to go out of state. Hear it for academic and D1 goals.

Like reading what Texas is doing.
Have been following teams progress there throughout years.
Nice when they brought top tier competition to calif.!!

Last edited:

inumpire

Observer, but has an opinion
Oct 31, 2014
Stay home and save your money. There will be plenty of time for players to get recruite.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brookeshaelee