How good are you at Softball?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

How good are your softball skills?

• Horrible

Votes: 3 6.0%
  • Really Bad

Votes: 3 6.0%
  • Below Average

Votes: 6 12.0%
  • Average

Votes: 5 10.0%
  • Above Average

Votes: 9 18.0%
  • Solid

Votes: 16 32.0%
  • Great

Votes: 2 4.0%
  • Dad/Mom Stud

Votes: 6 12.0%

• Total voters
Jun 11, 2013
I could hit when I was 6 and I can hit at 56. I can run pretty well and still can field but I something wrong with my shoulder and just can't throw with any velocity.

Jul 14, 2018
I can long toss with them, they are only 9 and 12...in a year or two, that isn't going to happen without a lot of pain the following day :)

True story: I take DD out to long toss once a week. I stand at home, DD backs up and throws underhand until she can’t reach me anymore. By the time she gets to the grass (which I absolutely cannot throw to from home), she tells me to roll it — the sun is right behind me and she can’t see it coming.

She’s a peach.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

May 16, 2016
Illinois
Certainly not as good as I used to be, not even close. Tore my rotator cuff and labrum when I was 21, or 22 years old, I got thrown off a tube being pulled behind a boat. Before that injury I could throw a baseball in the 84 mph range. Lost a lot of arm strength after that surqery. I have had 6 left knee surgeries. I run pretty bad. I was never very fast.

42 years old now. My 12 year old daughter has a slightly better arm than I do already. Last July at 11u Nationals, we had a little overhand throwing competition during a long rain delay. I could throw 57 mph, 3 girls on the team could throw harder than I could. That was embarrassing. :cry::D

Jul 4, 2013
I'm better at being married to a softball player than I ever was playing ball. I did manage to injure a knee impressing her with my fielding back in our high school days. We're still married, and the knee still hurts if I tweak it. Some things are forever.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Played baseball thru college, then went into slowpitch pretty heavy and traveled a lot. Still play a decent amount in my mid 40's with league and tournys. Never had great speed (so now when im slow as heck, it
didnt matter much :) ) but played outfield when I first started as I could judge a ball really well and had a great arm. Then went to ss then 3rd. Then pitcher...been doing that for many years because nobody else wants to do it in sp...haha. Arm is garbage for distance now, but short I can still zing it ok. It may hurt a little
more after I do it though...haha.
Hitting was always more my game and still is. Can hit with most anybody on the same field as me.
Always said, when my hitting goes, I will retire. Not gonna be a punch and judy guy.
But I also work hard and hit tons of BP still at my age. There is always someone better if you dont want it.

May 27, 2013
Due to my super-ultra competitive nature, my mind totally still thinks that I can play like a 20-year-old, and does this mean trick where it forces my body to play like a 20-year-old - each.and.every.time. End results so far have been broken thumb, fractured eye socket, nasty groin pull, several hematomas and turf burns. My mind can never seem to ease up when my body is begging for forgiveness.

Aug 1, 2019
MN
True story: I take DD out to long toss once a week. I stand at home, DD backs up and throws underhand until she can’t reach me anymore. By the time she gets to the grass (which I absolutely cannot throw to from home), she tells me to roll it — the sun is right behind me and she can’t see it coming.

She’s a peach.

If you have a bucket of balls, bring that and an extra bucket. Have her work her way back and carry the full bucket with her, using just one ball. When she gets beyond your range, have her start throwing balls from the bucket. You just drop each one into the extra bucket. She keeps working back as normal. Switch buckets as necessary.

Oct 4, 2018

She’s a peach.

Same for us. DD can do long toss (pitching) from many steps behind 2B. Some days I have the energy to throw back to her on the fly. Some days I bounce them to her (and feel a little less manly).

Jun 16, 2010
When my dd was 13.....her arm was officially better than mine. Lose the stretch reflex with age.

I was struggling to hit 68 mph with baseball.....she was hitting 74 mph.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802