How far does everybody travel for practices with their travel team?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

marriard

Not lost - just no idea where I am
Oct 2, 2011
Florida
We traveled up to 45 minutes when she was younger, but right now if you stand at the top of the admin block in the middle of our 4 softball fields, you can see my house.

Dec 3, 2012
West Coast
For the first 3 years it was an hour away. Last year most were an hour but about a quarter of them were 30 minutes. Should be much the same this year.

May 15, 2014
Atlanta
We are 38 miles from practice which doesn't sound like much but during the week, it takes about 2-2.5hrs to get there with the horrific Atlanta traffic. Driving home after is 1hr. Luckily our coach also has a 4hr practice on Sunday's so generally we go to Sunday and skip the practice during the week.

Aug 19, 2015
Atlanta, GA
We are 38 miles from practice which doesn't sound like much but during the week, it takes about 2-2.5hrs to get there with the horrific Atlanta traffic. Driving home after is 1hr. Luckily our coach also has a 4hr practice on Sunday's so generally we go to Sunday and skip the practice during the week.

I need we need to start a movement to have some quality TB teams inside the Perimeter and just outside. Everything seems to be either in the hinterlands up north of the Perimeter or way down south. Either that or we could all share a helicopter!

Jun 8, 2012
Illinois
2 hours one way (110 miles). Sacrifice we make to allow her to play on a national level team. Plus it's quality time I otherwise wouldn't get with my DD.

Jun 12, 2015
Our fall team was a little over an hour each way to practice. We're closer to home again now, about half an hour. Our rec team, where we started and spent our first 2 years, then our first travel team, were 7 minutes away from home so I feel your pain.

marriard

Not lost - just no idea where I am
Oct 2, 2011
Florida
Nothing like driving past 4-5 sets of great Softball fields to get to practice on another set of fields. It is worse than driving 6 hours to a tournament to play the team based 30 minutes from you

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802