How far does everybody travel for practices with their travel team?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 14, 2016
My dd just made a team that is a little over an hour from home. Big change because we used to be about 5 min away but in order to find a good 16u team, we pretty much have to travel. so just wondering what is the average distance traveled for practice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Me_and_my_big_mouth

witty softball quote
Sep 11, 2014
Pacific NW
Congrats on committing! Ironically, my phone autocorrected to "commuting." 😂

We have gone 1.5 hours away, thought it felt right. That lasted a season. Now, we're 20 min away - but we're really lucky because others on the same team are 2 and 3 hours away.

It's a couple years and then they're in college - that's what I keep telling myself. :)

Hope she has a fantastic season! Get an air miles visa and use it for gas. You'll end up with a free ticket!

Aug 11, 2016
My DD's team last season is about 25 min away (12U). She is trying out for the team again (14U) this week. She also tried out for another team that is about an hour away, but figured that at this age, 25 min away is better. We will probably be looking at other alternatives for 2018 season.

Jun 14, 2016
It seems the older they get, the more travel is involved! I keep telling myself it will all be worth it and it really teaches her time management!

Oct 22, 2010
Last 3 years- an hour to team practice 2x a week, tournaments ~ 3 hour radius
Last year- 2 hours to pitching coach 1x a week.
New team for fall 2.5 hours to practice, tournaments 4-6 hour drive. Same pitching coach.

Jun 14, 2016
Wow! That is a lot of travel and gas! Our tournaments will be anywhere from 1 hr to 5 hrs for fall! Summer will probably be even further! What we won't do for our kids!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
winters3478