How far away is your softball playing DD's college?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

If your DD plays (or played) softball in college how far away from home is her school?

• 0 to 1 hour (driving)

Votes: 5 12.5%
  • 1 to 5 hours

Votes: 16 40.0%
  • 5 to 10 hours

Votes: 8 20.0%
  • > 10 hours

Votes: 11 27.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Sep 3, 2015
About 3000 miles. Ouch, I know.

DD loved the campus, it was a fit academically, and the offer was too good to refuse. It’s also P5 and she has a real shot to make an impact this spring, even though she’s a freshman. So there’s that. It’s only been a few months. TB coach always said, if you can get past your first thanksgiving you will be fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jun 11, 2012
DD is in downtown Boston. We live about 20 miles South of Boston. I answered less than an hour but that really depends on traffic

Apr 21, 2021
50 minutes. That was actually the only concern DD had with the school when making her decision - it was too close. Funny thing was, she didn’t want to be farther than 4 hours away. I told her that without a car, those 50 minutes seem a lot farther away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
With my daughter being so close, I'll be able to see a lot of games in person. We have three colleges on Long Island in our conference, and one uses our field for its home games, so that adds even more I can watch live.

The challenge will be when my younger daughter has a HS game at the same time. Which one do I go watch?

Cannonball

Ex "Expert"
Feb 25, 2009
Not to rehash too much of my dd's choices but we drew a circle denoting 4 hours. We told the dd she could pick any school in that 4 hours to play or attend. She was going to pick one 3 hours away and things didn't go the way we thought that they would. So, she attended a school 35 minutes away. I was able to see every game.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sstop28