How far away is your softball playing DD's college?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

If your DD plays (or played) softball in college how far away from home is her school?

• 0 to 1 hour (driving)

Votes: 5 12.5%
  • 1 to 5 hours

Votes: 16 40.0%
  • 5 to 10 hours

Votes: 8 20.0%
  • > 10 hours

Votes: 11 27.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
Yesterday I went to games that were only 26 miles away but the fun part was traveling on U.S. Route 66 to get to a community and fields hadn't been to before in Helendale Ca.

Aug 9, 2021
Yesterday I went to games that were only 26 miles away but the fun part was traveling on U.S. Route 66 to get to a community and fields hadn't been to before in Helendale Ca.
Helendale? Had to look that one up. "Somewhere around Barstow on the edge of the desert...."

May 20, 2015
Not to pick on your poll but huge difference between 1 and 5 hour drive. Easy to drive an hour or 2 for a game turn around and drive home. For most 5 hour ride will require an overnight stay.

3:45 for my DD but an easy ride for us into northern New England that avoids the traffic of any major cities. Her school is the farthest distance from us of any in her conference but most others force us to deal with NY metro or Boston traffic.

where is DD at?

May 20, 2015
DD1 is in Boston......2.5 hours give or take, headed out at 1:30 to pick her up for break

DD2's #1 choice is 4.5 hours away, and just a sh!t a$$ drive.......more driving south then north than there is east/west due to the highway system......as much as i want her to get her top choice, secretly harboring a little hope that she ends up with DD1 (that school is in her top 3)

Last edited:
Nov 23, 2021
SC
Nice. Teenage years are often rough for Moms and daughters it seems. Our family is lucky that DD hates us both equally so there are no hard feelings..
@pattar damn it man you just got me wrote up for unauthorized internet use. I couldnt stop laughing at your comment and when miss supervisor came to investigate i thought she'd find it funny too. apparently not!

we got strong D2 10 miles from the house, fingers crossed when the time comes.

Jun 8, 2016
@pattar damn it man you just got me wrote up for unauthorized internet use. I couldnt stop laughing at your comment and when miss supervisor came to investigate i thought she'd find it funny too. apparently not!

we got strong D2 10 miles from the house, fingers crossed when the time comes.
Give me Miss "Stick up her as*" 's number..I will set her straight as soon as I am done grading these finals (speaking of "unauthorized" internet usage.. :oops: )

May 27, 2022
School: 3 hrs by car.
Games: 3 hrs to 10 hours by car

Point: might want to consider where most of the games will be played in addition to campus. We will spend up to 6 hours driving to away games.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
winters3478