How does DD store her catcher's glove?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

softgabby

Gear Empress
Mar 10, 2016
Just behind home plate
Before I knew about glove wrap, I always stored my catcher's mitt with a softball or two in the glove and wrapped two or three of those thin hairbands around the mitt to keep the softballs inside the mitt to help the mitt keep its pocket. Now that I know about glove wraps, I still keep a softball or two in the mitt, but I throw the wrap around the glove instead of wrapping hairbands around the mitt. I usually store mine in my bag during the season and when the season is out, I store mine on the top shelf of my closet.

Oct 26, 2019
My daughter got a “perfect pocket” for Christmas. It’s a pretty cool little device that has a string threat through a ball so that the ball doesn’t come out of the glove when you put it in your bag. It’s a little gimmicky but if it makes my daughter keep a ball in her glove then it serves the purpose

Oct 3, 2011
Right Here For Now
I taught my DD and the other catchers I teach to put a ball in the pocket and then store the mitt inside their catchers helmet. Not only does it keep the ball tightly wrapped in the pocket but it opens up space in their catchers bag for more half empty water bottles:ROFLMAO:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802