How do you handle an umpire who disregards certain rules?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
I am in the Southern Indiana area. And yes most of the Friendly’s use 2 umpires. There are a few that don’t.
We are blessed with a fairly large umpire pool in the area and we try to put as many to work as possible when the opportunity arise.
Alright Southern Indiana! 👍

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
The worst coach either dd ever had couldn’t manage to speak to the team without there being a $*$&#)$ riddle in every sentence. He wasn’t always wrong but the players universally despised the presentation.
HaaHaa again the humor
a $*$&#)$ riddle.

That was a great description with a cause and affect!

Jul 19, 2021
My only input is not to “ask” the players what they can do better, “tell” them. “We are going to work on x at practice. We could have done that better and we will next time.” Etc etc
Disagree with this. I want my players looking within themselves for answers and being humble enough to admit their faults. I want them being accountable to themselves. I want a player that doesn't need to be told what they did wrong. If they are constantly told, they will always be waiting to hear it from someone instead of looking within. JMO.

Dec 11, 2010
If that is working, your delivery is better than the Riddler my dd played for.

Sounds good, carry on.

Jun 8, 2016
Disagree with this. I want my players looking within themselves for answers and being humble enough to admit their faults. I want them being accountable to themselves. I want a player that doesn't need to be told what they did wrong. If they are constantly told, they will always be waiting to hear it from someone instead of looking within. JMO.
Sounds good in principle but how does that exactly work? Do you tell them to come up with a practice plan on their own for the next practice? Professional coaches in all sports don't take that approach..Accountability comes from working their as% off to correct their mistakes.

Dec 11, 2010
Both of mine were preemies. That did create a black hole in my movie watching life!

This one you gotta see. There is a dad/daughter storyline, it isn’t all Bill James stats.

Jun 8, 2016
This one you gotta see. There is a dad/daughter storyline, it isn’t all Bill James stats.
Is that supposed to persuade or dissuade me? Lol..

My excuse isn't as good as yours. Grandparents are in MA and HI and I am too cheap to hire a babysitter. Marcela is almost old enough to watch the two boys but I am not sure I want to put them through that...she would probably have them scrub the toilets.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sstop28