how do you get your throwing arm and your glove arm in sync

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

gvm

Sep 3, 2010
as in up together down together. i have watched major speed drop since my daughters arms do not come together exactly at release. one hand is releasing the ball while the other used to slap off the hip. now the glove have is lagging way behind and there is a major drop in velocity. is there a drill for this because it always came naturally before?

Nov 8, 2018
I would first try 9 o’clock drill. So ball at 9 glove at 3. Go up then down together. Then move to a 11/12olock drill. Ball at 11/12 and glove at 2. Go up together down together. Without steps then with stepping. Do it without force. See how it goes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gvm

Sep 3, 2010
I would first try 9 o’clock drill. So ball at 9 glove at 3. Go up then down together. Then move to a 11/12olock drill. Ball at 11/12 and glove at 2. Go up together down together. Without steps then with stepping. Do it without force. See how it goes.

we have tried and what used to come so easy at 11,12,13 now is do hard in the later' ages

Nov 8, 2018
we have tried and what used to come so easy at 11,12,13 now is do hard in the later' ages

Basics and fundamentals. Boring yes. Vital for sure.
Send some video let’s see if it’s mechanical or mental.

gvm

Sep 3, 2010
i cant send video online because she's at the college level where they use all the video they can get when scouting opposing teams. that being said shut out to bill hillhouse, amy,sluggers,riseball,ken java etc. for all your help reaching her gol. but its always about trying to get better

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sstop28