How do you answer question about "Other schools you are interested in"?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 4, 2014
This question shows up a lot on recruiting and camp questionnaires. Do you not answer it? Answer it truthfully? Answer it strategically? How much is that looked at?

Jun 8, 2016
This question shows up a lot on recruiting and camp questionnaires. Do you not answer it? Answer it truthfully? Answer it strategically? How much is that looked at?
Don't know anything about recruiting so what I am about to say might be totally wrong but...honesty is usually the best policy 😂

Jun 8, 2016
That's generally my default position, but, as a husband, it gets me in trouble a lot too!
Wife: Hey pattar how do these new jeans look
pattar:
Ldcnija.gif

Cannonball

Ex "Expert"
Feb 25, 2009
We were at an Ohio Valley Conference School and were asked that question. We answered it honestly. The HC then went a little over the top and asked if my dd would really attend that school. Her answer was that that school is offering the most money. That school and the school we were at are apparently major rivals and the HC was not happy with dd's answer. Don't know what to tell the OP.

Jun 8, 2016
We were at an Ohio Valley Conference School and were asked that question. We answered it honestly. The HC then went a little over the top and asked if my dd would really attend that school. Her answer was that that school is offering the most money. That school and the school we were at are apparently major rivals and the HC was not happy with dd's answer. Don't know what to tell the OP.
Like I tell my DD all the time, don't ask a question if you don't want to hear the answer.. You will however note from my above post that I am smart enough not to tell my wife this..;)

Cannonball

Ex "Expert"
Feb 25, 2009
Like I tell my DD all the time, don't ask a question if you don't want to hear the answer.. You will however note from my above post that I am smart enough not to tell my wife this..;)
Same here!

BTW, we went to this school mentioned above on an unofficial visit after going to the other school. We were on our way to Chattanooga to play at the Summit. Both coaches showed up at our games. Good times!

Jul 1, 2019
I could see where it could go either way. By letting them know that you have interest in other schools, it could motivate them to "try to get you to commit first" so that another potentially opposing school doesn't get you, or I can see where it could demotivate in the scenario such as "well..such and such college has more money to throw at them so they'll probably get player X anyway, why even make an offer".

Haven't been through any of this yet, so I'm interested in the opinions of those who have.

Oct 5, 2015
I can't really recall on putting anything in the questionnaire as that is really early on and just getting in to their recruiting system but if your daughter is visiting a school, being toured by coach, after the tour, you'll quite likely have a mtg with the coach to talk further about recruiting class, how they would see you fitting in, etc and during that time they will quite likely ask if you are talking with other schools and you should be honest without revealing too much but you can certainly bet that conference rivals don't want to lose recruits to each other. You can mention you are visiting other schools in the region and if they ask who, be honest. BU certainly doesn't want to lose you to Bucknell and may act with more urgency than they would if you are visiting BC, MIT or Tufts. They'll know soon enough what school the recruit is focused on when they all show up at the same travel game. They'll talk about who they are looking at.

marriard

Not lost - just no idea where I am
Oct 2, 2011
Florida
I can't really recall on putting anything in the questionnaire as that is really early on and just getting in to their recruiting system but if your daughter is visiting a school, being toured by coach, after the tour, you'll quite likely have a mtg with the coach to talk further about recruiting class, how they would see you fitting in, etc and during that time they will quite likely ask if you are talking with other schools and you should be honest without revealing too much but you can certainly bet that conference rivals don't want to lose recruits to each other. You can mention you are visiting other schools in the region and if they ask who, be honest.

DD openly told her #1 school that she wanted to come there but if it didn't work out she was absolutely going to be attending a school in the region and that the other schools that were pursuing her were on the #1 schools schedule... So which dugout would the coach prefer her to be in?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brkou812