How cold is too cold?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 4, 2015
Massachusetts
Our last showcase this weekend, 43F and 30MPH wind gusts. Glad fall is over. There is another tourney up this way in Nov, that is just insane and glad we're not in it.

Jun 20, 2012
SoCal
Believe it or not, my DD1 has played in temps in the high-20s here in SoCal. 8am games in Lancaster in February are no joke. Luckily, it *shot up* to the mid-60s by noon.

Sep 21, 2017
PA
If it's above 40, here in Central PA, we're trying to get outside for practice.

We had a brutal wet '18 Spring, and we played a few games early that we would have liked to have been a little warmer, but we were going to get them in. One day, I think week 2, a pretty good snow fell for the majority of the game. Some parents got some pretty great pics that day. It was one of those days where it didn't feel that awful cold, but the snow just kept falling.

Sep 19, 2018
Thanks for all the kind words of commiseration (Is that the correct word for it?). We drew an 8:00 AM start!!! I am still looking forward to this. My DD is both nervous and excited.

May 22, 2015
Illinois
DD played in Peoria IL yesterday. She said at game time it was about 38 degrees. I spent the morning in a treestand where it was 23 in the morning so she doesn't get any sympathy. She has one more outdoor tournament in two weeks before things move inside. Generally I think 40-50 degrees is totally acceptable.

I know what you mean about juggling the kids and trying to keep things even lol. I do tend to spend more time with my DD than the other 2 kids just because everything she does is so far away and time consuming. My middle kid is not a ball player, but does play football. My little one is only 5 but getting ready to take some learn to play hockey stuff. I do try and make it a point keep them active in some sport and to do stuff one on one with the other two when I have chance.

Oct 27, 2017
Just curious from those playing in the 30's and 40's
Do you use your normal bat or do you have a cold weather bat?

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RunnerOn2