How can I raise my softball IQ on fundamentals 20 points in the next week?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

NBECoach

Learning everyday
Aug 9, 2018
Watch as many games as possible. Think about what your strategy would be.

You will see good and bad...decisions, players, strategy, coaches, etc. Supposedly better teams have better coaching and better players, but that's not always true. A TB teams record is usually meaningless as the opposition is unknown.

One thing I noticed right away is better teams have at least 1 good pitcher and a good catcher, and the players know where to go with the ball. Oh and pool play games are semi-meaningless (depending on the format). One year at U18 we easily beat a team in pool play on Friday. Little did we know they were missing 3 good players to jobs. They run ruled us on Saturday.

Jun 11, 2013
First off, most HC's and other AC's would rather have a guy who thinks he need to pick up 20 IQ points versus one who thinks he knows everything. Other comments are great to listen to.

When you have a chance at tournaments try and watch some good teams play. If possible and time permits try and watch some of the later games on Sunday. You get to see some good teams play.

Right off the bat you can do the simple things well. Know how many outs there are, know your batting lineup etc. Keep an eye out for any players who seem to not be feeling well especially in the summer. If the catcher is up with 2 outs or running the bases be ready to warm up the pitch,etc. Know who the next Courtesy runner might be.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fjhood