How about that an illegal pitch!!!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 28, 2019
Wow really no comments on LSU relief pitcher getting called for something like 8 illegal pitches? The starter was just as bad and no calls against her.
So much for everybody who said they don’t call it so don’t worry about it last week. Apparently there are umps out there who know the game and enforce the rules. Good for them!!!
I will say though it did slow down the game and cause some confusion. Don’t much care though. Learn how to pitch the proper way or learn how to play another position.
Much respect for pitchers that bat. I know there is a risk there and that good pitchers are hard to come by but I love to see complete athletes compete.
It’s always good when you can help your own cause and make-up for a subpar outing in the circle by swinging the bat.

Jul 9, 2016
Wow really no comments on LSU relief pitcher getting called for something like 8 illegal pitches? The starter was just as bad and no calls against her.
So much for everybody who said they don’t call it so don’t worry about it last week. Apparently there are umps out there who know the game and enforce the rules. Good for them!!!
I will say though it did slow down the game and cause some confusion. Don’t much care though. Learn how to pitch the proper way or learn how to play another position.
Much respect for pitchers that bat. I know there is a risk there and that good pitchers are hard to come by but I love to see complete athletes compete.
It’s always good when you can help your own cause and make-up for a subpar outing in the circle by swinging the bat.

LSU vs Minnesota

Attachments

• IPr.jpg
    IPr.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 101
Mar 13, 2010
What I don’t get is why she was only called for 8. She’s illegal under NCAA rules on every pitch. So why were only some called?

Oct 1, 2014
USA
The lack of consistency in calling it is what makes the whole topic frustrating and bad for the sport...figure it out one way or another and apply (or at least attempt to) the rules evenly.

Oct 5, 2015
If Florida wins today and make it to OK City, a Florida-Washington will be unwatchable. I forgave Plain for being only a bit removed from Australia but if she has changed her motion at all, it is very little and between her and Barnhill it is ridiculous. They should both watch Fiser of Minn if they want to understand what it looks like to legally pitch with a leap style release.

Between the lack of illegal pitches called on Barnhill and Plain and the inconsistent enforcement of slappers out of box (foot in river, in front of plate), it is a joke.

Apr 28, 2019
What I don’t get is why she was only called for 8. She’s illegal under NCAA rules on every pitch. So why were only some called?
She was leaping further on some. A few from the side view showed her five/six feet in the air before landing and dragging.

Apr 28, 2019
If Florida wins today and make it to OK City, a Florida-Washington will be unwatchable. I forgave Plain for being only a bit removed from Australia but if she has changed her motion at all, it is very little and between her and Barnhill it is ridiculous. They should both watch Fiser of Minn if they want to understand what it looks like to legally pitch with a leap style release.

Between the lack of illegal pitches called on Barnhill and Plain and the inconsistent enforcement of slappers out of box (foot in river, in front of plate), it is a joke.
Agree.

Apr 28, 2019
Agree. fixer is a little power house and does it the right way. You don’t have to be a six footer to throw hard you have to maximize what you have.
Barnhill is not as obvious as say the two LSU pitchers I saw on Sat. She kind of tucks her drag leg behind other leg pretty quickly so it looks like she has been dragging the whole time. Slight leap though before the tuck.

J.Galt

Banned
Feb 8, 2019
This is how ncaa sports work. Watch a college football game, certain conferences officials are much more stringent to the rule book than the officials in other conferences. What's a hold or a block in the back at a Pac 12 game is just a good play in the sec.

Maybe it's time to get the NCAA to start hiring and training all of the officials in every sport so nationwide we can get the games played by the same rules instead of allowing the conferences to hire the officials and then dictating how each conference wants the gameplay to be.
It would certainly level the playground which is all real fans of any sport would want.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802