Horween Nolan Arenado release!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
This would be for short and third. Still likes the Vinci but wants to use that for the occasional outfield. The one complaint about the Vinci is that it broke in a little flatter than I had hoped (again, my preference, not necessarily hers). That Vinci still holds its shape really well and the thumb and pinky pads are far but flimsy, even after over 115 games and countless practices. Just looking to start breaking in something new, more than likely on the Rawlings side or the A2000 fast pitch side. Plus, I figure if my daughter gets a new one, I should probably pull the trigger on that RGG314-MO or 2B :)
Sorry Matt, what is her age again?
3B and SS = Pro1000! ;) I know it's a baseball glove, but both the Pro1000 / Pro206 pattern break into a deep bowl shape, and the hand stall on Anna's new Pro1000 is as snug as I've ever seen on a men's baseball glove, especially after I re-laced the wrist.

Feb 10, 2016
Illinois
Sorry Matt, what is her age again?
3B and SS = Pro1000! ;) I know it's a baseball glove, but both the Pro1000 / Pro206 pattern break into a deep bowl shape, and the hand stall on Anna's new Pro1000 is as snug as I've ever seen on a men's baseball glove, especially after I re-laced the wrist.

She just turned 13. Size 11 shoe, and long hands, so guys shoes and gloves actually work well for her. Really wish we had better places to check out gloves and actually have her handle them. DSG has a good collection of consumer higher end gloves, but mostly on the baseball side and in limited sizes. While I like the idea of Horween, I just dread the break in process. Ive got 5 gloves that I am still currently trying to get broken in (4 are not even close), so adding another makes me cringe a bit. The time to do it would be now, as she would have a few months to work with it and use her Vinci/Liberty for fall and winter tournaments.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
She just turned 13. Size 11 shoe, and long hands, so guys shoes and gloves actually work well for her. Really wish we had better places to check out gloves and actually have her handle them. DSG has a good collection of consumer higher end gloves, but mostly on the baseball side and in limited sizes. While I like the idea of Horween, I just dread the break in process. Ive got 5 gloves that I am still currently trying to get broken in (4 are not even close), so adding another makes me cringe a bit. The time to do it would be now, as she would have a few months to work with it and use her Vinci/Liberty for fall and winter tournaments.
The latest Horween over the last several years is nothing like the Code 55 dry Horween glove leather of yesteryear. It has more of a thicker heavy duty feel, and it is durable.

But it’s not terrible to break in, the newest Horween has more oil in it and is easy to work with. Don’t overthink it cause it’s not that bad!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802