Horween Nolan Arenado release!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 26, 2017
Oklahoma
Thought you were hot on a Pro1000? You shelve that idea?

Oh no, in fact it's literally sitting on my shelf right now. But he's even younger than she is and there's no way I'll turn him loose with something that nice. He wouldn't even be able to play with it, even broken in.

Jun 8, 2016
See, I knew someone would ask the welting question sometime so I didn't have to :)
Like I tell my class, "There is always some other idiot in the class who has the same question so you might as well do him/her a solid and ask it"....

Ok I don't actually say that but I have always wanted to :)

Oct 4, 2018
See the light gray seams on the back of the fingers on this Pro1000, that's split gray (or rough) welting. More old school and always found on Horween gloves, that's why rolled welting on this Arenado is very odd.

View attachment 14890

And here is rolled welting on a A2000 1799, a little more refined, guess I'm old school, I love split welting more!View attachment 14892

Thanks for the explanation. I like the split welting more too.

Nov 18, 2015
I do say something similar but leave out the "idiot" part.. ;)

One of my favorite Simpson’s quotes - “There’s no such thing as a stupid question. Just stupid people asking questions.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feb 10, 2016
Illinois
I'm an I-web guy but looking to pick up another glove for my daughter and she seems to like the H-Web. This might be something to look into

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
I'm an I-web guy but looking to pick up another glove for my daughter and she seems to like the H-Web. This might be something to look into
For what position Matt? I’ve heard and read the Pro12 Arenado and the Pro1000 are exactly identical patterns but two guys who’ve already bought the Arenado said it seems to be a little wider and the hand stall is a little roomier / larger than the Pro1000.

Both of these will be a smaller glove than your DD’s Vinci, her glove is a very full size 12” glove!

I like I-webs as well but for softball I like a H-web for gloves in the 11.75” / 12” size as they will break in deeper. My new I-web NP7 is a full 12.25” glove, for an I-web glove, it swallows a 12” ball. But it’s bigger heavier glove for a younger female, I definitely don’t recommend it!

I still think a lot of (elite) 14U and upper aged infield girls would benefit from the Pro1000 if they would just try it!

Feb 10, 2016
Illinois
This would be for short and third. Still likes the Vinci but wants to use that for the occasional outfield. The one complaint about the Vinci is that it broke in a little flatter than I had hoped (again, my preference, not necessarily hers). That Vinci still holds its shape really well and the thumb and pinky pads are far but flimsy, even after over 115 games and countless practices. Just looking to start breaking in something new, more than likely on the Rawlings side or the A2000 fast pitch side. Plus, I figure if my daughter gets a new one, I should probably pull the trigger on that RGG314-MO or 2B :)

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
winters3478