Home Run Derby - Ghost vs LXT

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 4, 2020
DD has an ADV and I just ordered her a 2021 LXT to try out. I will be checking exit speeds and will post the results when I can. I went ahead and ordered a 34/24 LXT. She swings a 33/23 ADV but with it being almost an ounce over sticker weight and the LXTs being very close to sticker, I wanted to try a longer bat at basically the same weight.

This also gave me an excuse to tell the wife for ordering a new bat. Had to try a longer one out. :)
I’m being told the 2021 is heavier than previous models. Like 1.5oz over sticker. To me that would explain the added (Ghost like) performance.
More heft and now the bats are on equal terms if it’s actually true. If in fact it is the case than to me it’s not an LXT anymore. LXT’s are known for being very balanced and slightly over weight.

Oct 13, 2017
I’m being told the 2021 is heavier than previous models. Like 1.5oz over sticker. To me that would explain the added (Ghost like) performance.
More heft and now the bats are on equal terms if it’s actually true. If in fact it is the case than to me it’s not an LXT anymore. LXT’s are known for being very balanced and slightly over weight.
Just got a 2021 LXT 32 inch drop 10. Not but .2 over.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Apr 16, 2013
If anyone has a 34 -8 LXT laying around that your DD never used and you can't get rid of, message me. I'd be interested in letting my DD try one out. She uses a Ghost for USSSA but she's not overly fond of it, on the rare times she plays USSSA. I wouldn't mind letting her try something else if I can pick something up on the cheap.

Jul 2, 2013
DD said I shouldn't post the following information since she has been quarantined and hadn't hit for a couple of weeks. She said it wasn't good enough but oh well. Here's the results from a very small, unscientific test.

Top exit speed of Ghost ADV 33/23 was 63mph.
Top exit speed of the LXT 34/24 was 66mph.

She was pretty consistently around 65 with the LXT once she got warmed up. The Ghost is a year old and she has been a Ghost fan since the first one came out.

We will continue to use the LXT over the winter and see if it opens up any more.

May 16, 2016
Top exit speed of Ghost ADV 33/23 was 63mph.
Top exit speed of the LXT 34/24 was 66mph.

Interesting. We got similar results using a 33/24 Ghost Advanced and a 34/25 Mizuno Power Carbon.

Average exit for the 33-9 Ghost was 62.X (top exit was ~65)
Average exit for the 34-9 Mizuno PC was 65.X (top exit was ~69)

Longer is better... at least when hitting off a Tee. We just got a Ghost Advanced 34-9, but have not taken exit velocities yet. Unfortunately, our 33-9 Ghost Advanced is cracked, and still waiting on the warranty replacement.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802