Home made pitching mat

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 14, 2014
How heavy is it to move around? I just bought a new house at Thanksgiving. I've been thinking about putting a slab for a basketball half-court on one side of my lot. I've been trying to figure out how to make it multi-use for both sports.

Aug 31, 2015
Texas
I am assuming you used the liquid nails to adhere the pitching rubber to the mat. How has this held up so far? Is it coming loose in any spots? I am in the process of making this but the liquid nails scares me a little. I was thinking of using a rubber cement or gorilla glue instead.

Nov 12, 2013
maritimes
i drilled a bunch of holes half way through my wooden pitchers plate then coated it with liquid nail caulking before clamping it to carpet runner with temporary backer board. no lifting or separation 2 years later. hole starting in carpet though.

Jun 20, 2016
Wisconsin
I made one out of a industrial rug with a rubber back. Ordered a pitching rubber off amazon and used carriage bolts to secure it to the rug. I put a little silicone on the back of the bolts to protect them from scratching the surface we are on.. Works great!. I have less than $50.00 invested. The best part is the rubber backing does not let it slide.

Dec 11, 2010
I think you guys are smart to be adding some padding. I know two kids who practiced on a hard surface who ended up with back problems becaus of the plant foot coming down hard on an uncusioned surface. Very painful, possibly career ending let alone a lifetime of problems. Repetive motion injury etc.

I forget the name of the injury, it has been mentioned here, maybe someone who has been through it will give better info.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sstop28