Home made Hitting tee

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 11, 2009
Home made Advanced Skills hitting tee. Prevents casting and dropping of hands. Cost $2.55 plus original tee.

Aug 4, 2008
Lexington,Ohio
Actually what works great is a Swimming Pool Noodle. It has a hole up the middle of it and you can slide it on PVC pipe or steel Pipe. We make our own T's , everything comes from a Hardware store, but the Noodle. Plus they are portable. Plywood, Steel pipe and the threaded in you screw to the plywood, so you can screw the pipe to the Plywood. Then you slide on the Noodle, leaving nothing but Noodle on the Top to put the ball on. Noodle is cheap and easy to slide on and off and you can adjust the height.

Mar 11, 2009
ttt

I was thinking about putting pipe insulation over the PVC and it should be fine. Maybe I will duct tape a noodle over it cuz its thicker. But its alot cheaper than the original tee, they are $99 bucks.

May 12, 2008
What are you trying to achieve with this tee or better yet how does it accomplish your stated purpose?

Mar 11, 2009
ttt

With the tee forward design, you can't drop your hands and have an uppercut swing or the bat will never hit the ball, and with the L shaped arm it keeps you from casting when you swing or again you will hit the L shaped arm.. So it helps train a hitter to keep the bat in the zone with a level swing and compact swing.

May 12, 2008
At contact I see the bat head on it's way back up. When you say "level" my question is always level to what? I don't really think about a compact swing. I think about a quick swing and the compact flows from there. I understand you are trying to avoid this Photo 24 of 31, Analysis but the wrists should be uncocking and the bat whipping about the time it gets to the vertical part of your tee. Could this swing be accomplished on your tee? Photo 9 of 16, Fastpitch

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sstop28