Home cooking...real or fake news?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 15, 2015
Just wanted to see if others have ran across it, or if it was me just trying to rationalize some poor performance? It seems like my DD's team has gone to few tourneys recently where there was some bias for local organizations regarding draws and the way games were called. But I don't want to use it as an excuse for the way they played. Anybody actually experience it?

I've heard more than one coach and/or parent complain about draws/calls at some tourneys, but seldom (if ever) heard someone say they were the beneficiary of it.

Last edited:
Feb 3, 2016
It's real but you need to look at it differently.

Practice more and just beat everyone no matter how screwed up the brackets get (extra late Friday's, back to back 8am-10pm days, Sat, Sun), how many back to back games you play (6 straight w/no more than 10 minutes between games) or the hater/stalker umpire that will always be in the Championship game no matter where you play. I'm sure most unaffiliated teams have experienced the above. Just win because that is how you do it! No crying in Softball.

So if you don't think that someone wouldn't take care of a great customer. I think this goes without saying.

Huge revenue earners get taken care of, one hand washes the other.

Do the research. Sites document what's happening, you just need to look at the history.

Wouldn't say wide spread either. Certain state director's should be accountable for some garbage that occurs. I would love to send out Survey Monkey links and see what feedback results look like.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Jun 12, 2015
There's a bias here sometimes, or seems to be. I never know how much is perception; every team thinks they get all the bad calls. It sure feels that way sometimes but it can't possibly be true. lol

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
In every region across this Softball Nation there is a local chapter of the Softball Illuminati. This usually will involve a handful of the coaches of the historically best teams in the area. They take care of each other. These teams get preferential draws, play on the best fields and they play in the same tourneys. There is no daddy ball coaches unless the team is a lower level team in a particular age division within the organization. You have to place well over time and have team history in order work your way in the outer circle where you have limited access. In order to get full fledged membership the team(organization) will have to be able to stick around for a long time or possibly be a spin off with a coach that has been around.

The National Chapter Meetings of the Softball Illuminati occur during the summer run. Usually at PGF, TCS Nationals, and of course Colorado. I think the Colorado meetings might happen in the Broomfield area since it is a convenient middle ground between Denver and Boulder.

The Softball Illuminati is real and active. If you are not in the loop, then you are not in the loop.

Oct 21, 2016
In every region across this Softball Nation there is a local chapter of the Softball Illuminati. This usually will involve a handful of the coaches of the historically best teams in the area. They take care of each other. These teams get preferential draws, play on the best fields and they play in the same tourneys. There is no daddy ball coaches unless the team is a lower level team in a particular age division within the organization. You have to place well over time and have team history in order work your way in the outer circle where you have limited access. In order to get full fledged membership the team(organization) will have to be able to stick around for a long time or possibly be a spin off with a coach that has been around.

The National Chapter Meetings of the Softball Illuminati occur during the summer run. Usually at PGF, TCS Nationals, and of course Colorado. I think the Colorado meetings might happen in the Broomfield area since it is a convenient middle ground between Denver and Boulder.

The Softball Illuminati is real and active. If you are not in the loop, then you are not in the loop.

Whether it's real or not, this made me laugh. The first rule of Fight Club, don't talk about Fight Club!

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
Whether it's real or not, this made me laugh. The first rule of Fight Club, don't talk about Fight Club!

Oh it's real! Especially at the higher levels. If you find that your team is on the wrong fields playing the hittin' kittens, no college coaches to be seen for days, playing at 8am then 4pm...then your team is not a full fledged member of the Softball Illuminati. Definitely on the outside looking in. DC softball.jpg

Feb 17, 2014
Having been a TD for 3 years, I received a lot of complaints about draws, etc. I ran the same 5 B level tournaments every year. Out of the ~50 teams in every tournament across 3 age groups, I had ~30 of the same teams in every tournament. They are going to end up playing each other a lot in those tournaments. People refused to believe that every pool draw was done with random.org.

I have no doubt there are some TDs out there that influence draws, etc., but I am willing to bet there are more that are doing it with integrity. People see what they want to see most of the time.

Feb 17, 2014
As far as showcases go, DD's team has coaches come watch no matter what fields they play on or what pools they're in. If a collage coach is interested in one of our players and they are at the tournament, they come see them play. Granted, Florida or Oklahoma aren't this schools, but MAC, MVC, etc come watch most of our girls.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802