HLP vs the High level movement pattern

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
ok, but how did you determine that Agon didn't fore torque/snap?

Clem, with Agon it's fairly easy to see the difference.

46Ybomi.gif

nKy6ER6.gif

VWHfheH.gif

Oct 2, 2017
Clem, with Agon it's fairly easy to see the difference.

46Ybomi.gif

nKy6ER6.gif

VWHfheH.gif
Do you have a swing from the "snapper" side view of one he is not late maybe similar pitch location or even someone else who forces torque?

I know for a fact Judge who is the poster boy for MLB snap it (and TM) looks exactly like Agon who I guess is not forcing torque.

My whole contention is, how does the barrel get flat early as possible in the zone if there is no torque being applied? Lets forget about movement patterns for sec and isolate the hands and arms. How does it happen?

Last edited:

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
Do you have a swing from the "snapper" side view of one he is not late maybe similar pitch location or even someone else who forces torque?

I know for a fact Judge who is the poster boy for MLB snap it (and TM) looks exactly like Agon who I guess is not forcing torque.

My whole contention is, how does the barrel get flat early as possible in the zone if there is no torque being applied? Lets forget about movement patterns for sec and isolate the hands and arms. How does it happen?

Attempt to match.

ENnopbP.gif

Jvn2raS.gif

Which is opposite of forcing behind you.

fDmr7X8.gif

Feb 25, 2020

Torque is applied by moving the hands toward the belly button from here. You move the handle that way the bat flips.

Screenshot_20220519-093651.png

Oct 2, 2017
Attempt to match.

ENnopbP.gif

Jvn2raS.gif

Which is opposite of forcing behind you.

fDmr7X8.gif
Right, I agree if you are forcing it behind you, but if you are doing the same action of torque, in a pre determined direction towards the ball the action would look different. At least thats the way it seems to me and is why I have stated in a different thread, that is not easy to see "instant Torque" or as some say instant blur the way we would like. It doesn't mean its not happening.

Edit: Richards hands are pinned at the rear shoulder. I think the rear should is a general starting place only and that the hands do travel from there.

Last edited:
Feb 25, 2020
In this case torque is not applied but the dynamics will result in a rotation of the handle/barrel (if the hands allow it..)

How is it not torque? That is applying a force 90 degrees to the lever no? Serious question Im trying not to hurt my head here haha.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sstop28